1/32 Late F-4E Decals

I've spent the last couple of days googling for decals for this version of the Phantom with slats. All I have been able to find is decal sets for early model, hard wing F-4Es. I did find an AirDoc sheet with late model E's but it seems to be out of print. Anybody have any info on other sheets that have late F-4Es on them? Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

John

I've spent the last couple of days googling for decals for this version of the Phantom with slats. All I have been able to find is decal sets for early model, hard wing F-4Es. I did find an AirDoc sheet with late model E's but it seems to be out of print. Anybody have any info on other sheets that have late F-4Es on them? Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

John

You can possibly find full color unit badges for 4th TFW F-15Es and use them on your Phantom. Also, if you don't mind painting your Phantom in SEA colors, DACO makes a sheet of tail codes and numbers that are perfect for a Phantom. You can order directly from them:

http://ultra.glo.be/daco/KAst06.html

http://ultra.glo.be/daco/KOrder.html

AirDocs decals can still be found if you do some diligent searching.

For stenciling, rescue arrows etc., you can use the kit decals.

Edited by Scott R Wilson

I think the only 1/32 decals available for a slatted Hill Grey jet were the ones in the Revell kit for a MO ANG jet. CAM had some for a 4th TFW jet. Can't recall if it was Europe 1 or SEA wraparound, and it doesn't appear to be on their web site. The Revell sheet also included a NJ ANG jet in Eroupe 1.

I had the same problem as you when I built my Tamiya kit as a slatted Hill Grey 334th TFS jet a few years ago. I ended up having the squadron badges printed with an ALPS printer and used a Leading Edge F-4G sheet for the national insignia. The tail codes were actually surprisingly easy. I picked up some F-15E decals, and lightly went around the black SJ and appropriate serial numbers with an Exacto, just deep enough to cut through the decal film. I then gave the decals a light coat of Gunship Grey. When I put the decals in water, the letters broke away from the rest of the sheet, so I had some correct Gunship Grey tail codes. If you need black codes, just find the Amarillo font online and you can print the ones you want. You could probably do white codes the same way I made my grey ones. If you want to build a 4th TFW jet, you'll need wing badges from the Gulf War era F-15Es that have "4th Tactical Fighter Wing" on them instead of the current "4th WING". I think there are sheets available with the 335th & 336th TFS badges. Those will let you build Europe 1 jets without having to deal with changing the tail code color.

HTH.

Ben