AIRFIX 2012

Since as I understand it the main difference between a D and a K is the prop, I wonder if they will include two props allowing the kit to be built either way. It would be a fairly simple thing to do and would help to build credibility as a "serious" model. I've seen them include extra parts to cover less noticable changes in the past so wouldn't be surprised if they do, but also won't be surprised if they don't. Hopefully who ever is designing this kit for them knows their P-51s well and makes the most of it. They have to know this is an opportunity for them to really break their old reputation with a hit if they can rival Tamiya's Mustangs.

With the kit also being released as an F-51D it should include the cuffless Hamilton Standard prop. The old kit has the Aero Products prop in it so it is possible this will be tere also, that and both canopies should cover a P-51K. We will see!

Italeri is known to have outrageous prices for what they offer. their hurricane kit is nice though but i feel it's over priced.

It would depend on your neck of the woods,exchange rate and importer, of course - Italeri (and Airfix) are quite reasonably priced here in the Netherlands.

Cheers,

Andre

Even with the Italeri new tool just out..?

Cheers,

Andre

The Italieri's double the price of an Airfix Spit XII in most markets, so yeah, even with the Italieri out.

Edited by mawz

Though released last year or the year before that, how are Airfix's 1/72 Bf 110s?

Overdone panel lines and the nacelles do not extend far enough to the rear on the top of the wing. Not bad aside from that, but not one of Airfix's best.

Overdone panel lines and the nacelles do not extend far enough to the rear on the top of the wing. Not bad aside from that, but not one of Airfix's best.

I think I'll continue to hoard 1/48 Bf 110s, though I really wish Cyber Hobby made other variants or someone made a rather easy to install conversion kit for them.

Since as I understand it the main difference between a D and a K is the prop, I wonder if they will include two props allowing the kit to be built either way. It would be a fairly simple thing to do and would help to build credibility as a "serious" model. I've seen them include extra parts to cover less noticable changes in the past so wouldn't be surprised if they do, but also won't be surprised if they don't. Hopefully who ever is designing this kit for them knows their P-51s well and makes the most of it. They have to know this is an opportunity for them to really break their old reputation with a hit if they can rival Tamiya's Mustangs.

One plus point is that there appears to be an option for lowered flaps which is something I've only seen on the Academy P51D in 72nd

Cheers

Terry McGtady