Well as a co-moderator I figured I better show my build. I'll be doing the Texas ANG 149th FW (From San Antonio) F-16C Blk 30 65th Anniversary Scheme.

I'll be using the Tamyia F-16C/N kit, along with the Caracal Models decals for this scheme.

CIMG2477.jpg

CIMG2479.jpg

Hurry up and get to that cool paint scheme! How much did you pay for the Tamiya detail set?

Jesse

I will trust me. Gotta finish a couple of projects first.

I got the Tamiya detail set at Sprue Bros for $14.99. Unfortunately, it looks like right now it's sold out.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That Tamiya detail ups set beats the hell out of the way i did mine. lol

Keep at it.

Yeah when I saw that Tamiya had it I wanted to get it. Makes life a little easier with this build.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well some work continues on the Viper. It's so hot out that it's hard to prime anything so progress is very slow right now.

I have the intake pretty much done. Just gotta add the front intake lip and the intake cover. Wife is gonna help me paint the intake cover as a Texas flag as on the aircraft that i'm doing.

ViperWIP3.jpg

ViperWIP4.jpg

ViperWIP5.jpg

Did you end up getting the Steel Beech covers set with the covered seat hud and aoa probes? It really adds to the look but spend a good amount of time on the AOA probes because they're flat and the nose is curved so will need serious sanding to sit flush.

Did you end up getting the Steel Beech covers set with the covered seat hud and aoa probes? It really adds to the look but spend a good amount of time on the AOA probes because they're flat and the nose is curved so will need serious sanding to sit flush.

Yeah I did. Thanks for the tips on the AOA Covers. Probably won't use the seat though as it's barely detailed at all. I was looking at the covered HUD and I'm not sure how it's gonna fit. May have to look for pics of a covered HUD to see how it looks.

Edited by Wolfgun33

On mine I had to cut the little nub off right in front of where the HUD goes. Then it jut lays there up to the edge. Be careful though if you want to do it canopy closed check the fit. My canopy wouldnt sit flush but I was gluing it open anyway.

The seats detail isn't good reall but I liked the look of having the cover on.

On mine I had to cut the little nub off right in front of where the HUD goes. Then it jut lays there up to the edge. Be careful though if you want to do it canopy closed check the fit. My canopy wouldnt sit flush but I was gluing it open anyway.

The seats detail isn't good reall but I liked the look of having the cover on.

Ok that's what I was thinking on the HUD. I figured that I would have to cut those nubs off. Thanks for the info. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: