As far as i know, it isn't in production anymore. I am looking for several copies myself.

There are rumors that it will be reissued in the near future because of the A330 MRTT, but those are not confirmed yet.

If it helps, you could use the A340 kit (still in production) and lose the center main gear and get some aftermarket engines and end up with an A330 sseing as the fuselage and wings of an A330 and A340 are the same (except for the mentioned main gear bay and a few flaps which can be scribed). The conversion from A340 to A330 sounds more difficult than it really is. If i find some engines, i'd do it too.

Mate - that's awesome info about the A340! Thanks heaps! :woot.gif:

I had no idea that the 2 aircraft were pretty much the one and the same (with the exceptions you mentioned). I always thought the 340 was longer and skinnier than the 330.

I saw on Hannants some RR Trent engines (although sold out presently), so I'll have to keep my eye out for those elsewhere.

thanks again!

MH

Yep, the 330-300 and the 340-300 are the same exact aircraft, except engines and where the outboard engines are on the 340. The 330 has a slat in that location. Former employer of mine had the contract to manufacture the leading edges of the 330/340 wings, so I got real familiar with those drawings.

The 340-500/600 IS a different beast. It has a slightly different wing and is considerably stretched.

The 330 MRTT is actually an A340 with A330 engines and the refueling pods where the outboard engines would be.

HTH

The 330 MRTT is actually an A340 with A330 engines and the refueling pods where the outboard engines would be.

Except that it's based on the A330-200, which is different from any A340 version. Given that the 330 and 340 are essentially the same airframe to start with, saying that the MRTT is a 340 with two engines is kind of redundant. All A330s are A340s with two engines if you want to look at it that way. Conversely, all A340s are A330s with four engines.

Except that it's based on the A330-200, which is different from any A340 version. Given that the 330 and 340 are essentially the same airframe to start with, saying that the MRTT is a 340 with two engines is kind of redundant. All A330s are A340s with two engines if you want to look at it that way. Conversely, all A340s are A330s with four engines.

BUZZ! WRONG...

The only difference between the A330-200 and -300 is fuselage length, so saying that a -200 is different from any A340 is just flat incorrect. There WAS an A340-200, as well.

The fuselage doesn't "know" if it's an A330 or A340. And your statement that all A340's are A330's with 4 engines and vice versa is only about half right, from a structural perspective.

The MRTT is based on the 340-300 wing, which has the hardpoints for the engines on it. Those hardpoints are used for the refueling pods. So, the aircraft is exactly what I said it was.

Get back to me after you've actually worked on these aircraft for about 4 years or so.

BUZZ! WRONG...

The only difference between the A330-200 and -300 is fuselage length, so saying that a -200 is different from any A340 is just flat incorrect. There WAS an A340-200, as well.

Actually, the A330-200 also has a taller vertical tail fin than the -300 to ensure adequate steering capabilities.

Check:

http://www.drawdecal.com/store/downloads/a330200conversion.pdf

Actually, the A330-200 also has a taller vertical tail fin than the -300 to ensure adequate steering capabilities.

Check:

http://www.drawdecal.com/store/downloads/a330200conversion.pdf

Interesting... I had forgotten about the vertical fin, but then, that wasn't in our contract. I AM sure about the wings, though.

BUZZ! WRONG...

Okay, how many angels can dance on the head of a pin? You're right and I'm wrong if that makes your ego feel better. I don't really care how long you worked on them, I can read, and I've got several thousand pages of tech manuals on them. And for the record, the A330-200 isn't the same as the A340-200. Just so ya know...