1/48 Academy CH-53E Super Stallion

Everyone has their way of doing that step.

I usually do a light sanding on the obvious parts that stand out(dont forget to cover clear parts first) then I do a light primer to check for flaws I missed and fix them. Once all my flaws are cleaned up and smooth I reprime the areas that need to be.

Good luck and I am sure you will hear from other talented modelers on this site about their ways.Thats why this site is so cool you can get many tips.

Oliver

Hi Oliver,

Thank you for your tips it's really help me out!

Yes! This is a really good site and help me learning skill and tips that's why I stay here and won't go other! :)

Scott

Edited by Heliman

LOL you say anyone can build a model that is flawless. I disagree, my CH-53E is getting done but I have lost my patience with it. Of course I'm probably 1 of 5,000 people to get a hold of one that from the start is nothing more than the biggest problem one has had to deal with.

I actually put mine away for a year and a half because I was so mad about it that I wanted to crash it into a wall. On numerous occasions. I guess reading instructions in Japanese when I don't understand it was the first problem. But when I have been a model builder for the better part of 20 years off and on, It helps to have instructions that actually make sense. This model is the biggest PITA I have ever had to deal with. I work construction so you would think something like this would be cake for me, Wrong. I am starting to hate this thing because of the problems I have had with it.

I'm glad others are getting good results from the kit but this is where I say I may have gotten one that didn't get the QA treatment.

Don't laugh because if you even think about even building this model you need to research things. It has great detail and its big. The fit of the fuselage left more to be imagined to. You really don't realize how bad the fitment is until you try to put everything together.

I had problems with the interior and the fuselage fitting together. Maybe I'm #1 on this problem I'm not sure but this kit is a PITA.

Heres a link to my thread and what I went through to get it to come together. JOSH

http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=239880&st=0

Hi Guys,

I just completed the painted and weathering work. Let's look some on update pics.

I made this bird dusty and dirty look. It's look like RTB from longest hard battle.

@Emilio and Adam,

Thankyou for your comment. :-)

@Josh,

your thorny of fuselage problem was solved as least. So don't blamed youself cause you did a really nice work.

CH-53E004-6.jpg

CH-53E002-7.jpg

CH-53E007-3.jpg

The black part of fuselage that's I used by airbrush because factory decal suck too!

CH-53E005-4.jpg

CH-53E010-2.jpg

CH-53E009-2.jpg

CH-53E011-2.jpg

CH-53E015-2.jpg

CH-53E013-3.jpg

CH-53E014.jpg

Thanks for watching! :)

Scott

Edited by Heliman

That is some great looking weathering. How did you do that?

I used artist acrylic paint with acrylic solvent. Then mixed black, sand, brown three colors and blended solvent to very thin till the colour you wish. Then used #5 brush to brushing entire fuselage, after all wating for 30-40 min till the paint bit dry then using same# brush to inhaled paint on fuselage till paint smooth and used tissue to wipe off lightly after dry brushed.

I hope you know what I mean and don't beat my poor english. :)

Scott

Looks INCREDIBLE!!!!

Your weathering and EAPS are outstanding....along with the rest of the build, very nicely done!!

edit: Ok, so I just got home to see this on my laptop, and not on my phone as earlier......

INCREDIBLE WAS AN UNDERSTATEMENT....thats one dirty hog, great job

Edited by xmh53wrench