1/48 F-15A HI ANG & F-15D JASDF Aggressor

Building 2 Hase F-15 kit together. F-15A Hawaii ANG and F-15D JASDF Aggressor '06 #091 scheme. The A model was going to be a Israeli Baz, but I got ahead of my references and made the bay 5 with the blue/green color and 5 boxes which the baz does not have.

088.jpg

087.jpg

073.jpg

038.jpg

035.jpg

008.jpg

016.jpg

015.jpg

I made the acmi pod and figured I'd make one for the F/A-18d waiting on the shelf. The AAM-3 I grabbed from a Hase F-2a kit. The DXM decals for the aggressor are giving me issues. Easy to tear as they don't want to break free and slide well. Letting them soak longer to help this causes them to disintegrate.???

117.jpg

092.jpg

A few of the ports in the back of bay5(A model) needed opening up. Pictures of the real thing show the two holes to be larger then the molding depicts. The larger oval port shows a tray under it in the blue/green color.010.jpg

007.jpg

Disaster struck! I was lightly sanding a run in the future clear coat on the F-15A and I bobbled it. Hit the floor and the left wing broke off. Not a very clean break, pretty jagged. Not sure if I can fix it or not. It sucks when you get this far then screw things up! Well, to get my frustration behind me I dove into getting the F-15DJ done with a vengeance.

2304.jpg

Just a few minor details to touch up. Pretty much done!

2309.jpg

That was fast. Too bad about the other F-15, that sucks big time. I almost dropped my aggressor at the very end, close call. Your's looks great, I want to do this scheme soon. I bought the DXM decals last week.I think I'll just use the academy F-15E OIF kit, but just leave CFTs off.

Again, nice job on this guy!

This kit was the P 21 F-15E (not really a strike eagle) Hasegawa. Picked it up really cheap. Use care with the DXM decals. They are really thin and don't silver, but really delicate. The wax paper they provided worked best (shiny side) after a brief soak. Adsorbent tissue was worse, did not help things. A soak longer then 10 sec helped the decals slide off better, but then they disintegrated all too easy.