Thought it was about time I started a thread.

The photo is the same as that shown on the Roster Thread.

IMG_0518.jpg

Although the Linden Hill Decals do not include a Mig-21R, I'll just use some of the generic stuff. Mikkel managed to send me a photo of a 21R so I now have a serial number! :thumbsup:

The kit is a bit basic, so this won't be a stunning build like some on here as I am a OOB builder in the main.

Cheers

Deacon

Edited by Deacon

Here area couple of shots of the build so far.

IMG_0661.jpg

this one is of the Recce Pod and you will note the lasck of panel lines or any other detail. This is

typical of the kit.

IMG_0662.jpg

I did toy with the idea of using a Revel or Academy Mig-21 and just adding the pod, but there seemed to be too many differences to overcome to do that.

Thanks for looking.

Deacon

Looks great!

If you buy the Zvezda MiG-21Bis (nice kit!!) you could make it into a MiG-21R :)

Pavla makes a MiG-21R conversion set, I used it on a Fujimi MiG-21 ones, didn't turned out too good though (my fault :D)

Can't wait to see it done!!!!!

Cheers

Mikkel

welll yes, I think it's even thinner, but you can sand down the Bis spine to a MF, which looks like the R one...

I was thinking to do that when building a Ethiopian MiG-21R, but now I don't know :-/

Thanks guys.

A little more progress....

IMG_0664.jpg

the picture shows the first coat sand still wet. I've actually used Vallejo's Green Ochre.

Unfortunately my xbox keeps robbing time from the hobby at the moment. <_<

Deacon