Revell 1/72 Bell 412 kit....

Hi guys

Just a quick question about the Revell Bell 412 in 1/72 scale.

I am looking at building this kit in between projects for my son as a prelude to my 32nd conversion of the Revell kit.

Aparently it has different parts to the Italeri Griffin kit, is this true? I am looking for the high skids and floatation gear to do one of the HNZ machines based here for support of the offshore rigs.

Can anyone advise?

Also anyone have one they would part with? Or should I just get the Italeri kit off ebay

Cheers

Anthony

No you cannot, the 412 doghouse parts are missing. The tree is plugged off at the radome and winch fairing halves, above the 4X rotor blades.

I believe the skids and flotation gear were moulded in the open frame at lower left of the last image, on the Revell kit only.

I have an Italeri issue of the 412, but no copies of the Revell kit, if you don't get any other offers.

Know I have an extra dog house and the flotation gear. I'll have to check if I have the skids. I don't recall the skids being different, but I could be wrong. Been a while since I built one of these.

Hi Anthony,

The emergency popout floats were only included in the kit of the Dutch SAR helicopter by Revell. The skids in that kit were the same low skids as in the other 412- kits, which is wrong ofcourse.

I have been fiddling around with the skids of my (mainly civil) 212's and 412's. I have glued small pieces of Evergreen plastic rod between the skid and the strut to lengthen the struts. Results ok if watched from a distance of 5 ft or more ;-).

On another build somewhere I saw that someone had heatened the skids and then stretched them a tad longer.

I know building skids is (nearly?) impossible in resin, but man would I love to see some aftermarket Bell skids.

Anyway: good luck on your build!

Gertjan

Thanks guys

Todd that would be wonderful and I will track down a Revell 212 then.....that should about sort it I should say. I will send you a PM, thanks!

Gertjan, I just know that what you have done looks good! I imagine the strongest/best way would be brass rod.

Thanks again guys, really appreciated

Cheers

Anthony

Anthony, hi, the Revell 212/UH-1N(rebox of Italeri) kit brings only the main rotor of the 412, only that, it doesnt bring the rotor housing/fairing doghouse, etc, so you cannot build a 412 with this kit, as for the skids with the floats they can be made scratch if you dont find the original ones; too bad the Italeri CH-146/412 is out of production, but you can still find it in E-Bay, only that it will be difficult, try to buy the Eduard PE set, its a must for this model, good luck and we want to see this build.... you may start..

Greetings.

Rod.

Edited by salvador001

Thank you very much Rod, great advice. Especially since I know how much you like the Huey!

I will let you know what I get everything together here on ARC

Oh and thank you for the compliment on the BK, I will appreciate that as I have seen your lovely work

Cheers

Anthony