What If Mosquito paint scheme

Hey All!

With my new project the conversion of the Airfix 1/24 Mosquito to the Sea Mosquito. :o I was thinking about how I am going to paint it. I am not looking to do the run of the mill paint job but something that is different. That got me thinking what if Japan did not surrender and the allies had to invade the main islands. Would the Sea Mosquito play a role in the invasion? Would there have been invasion strips on the aircraft? If so what color would they have been. Any ideas?

Thanks!

I think you will find a more receptive forum "audience", for that question, at the What If Forum here: http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=eab5a75956a2d0d679d00007be135572&action=forum

Too many ANTI-WHIFERS on the "straight" forums.

Just my 2¢.

Larry

Edited by ReccePhreak

Honduras/El Salvador 'soccer war' scheme maybe?

I think you will find a more receptive forum "audience", for that question, at the What If Forum here: http://www.whatifmod...72&action=forum

Too many ANTI-WHIFERS on the "straight" forums.

Just my 2¢.

Larry

I don't think there's many anti-whiffers on here. After all, ARC hosts 'Silly Week' each year, and a lot of people look forward to it.

Edited by The Rat

Honduras/El Salvador 'soccer war' scheme maybe?

I don't think there's many anti-whiffers on here. After all, ARC hosts 'Silly Week' each year, and a lot of people look forward to it.

The same as was used in Korea on the Sea Furrys with the black-n-white invasion stripes.or on the Sea Hornetts. Those would be the next logical step.

Edited by Otto

Hey everyone!

Thanks for the help. I think I am set on using the Extra Dark Sea Grey and Slate Grey over Sky on my Sea Mosquito but this is not 100% yet. As for the invasion strips I still have no idea what I am going to do. I like the Orange and yellow idea but also think I might play it safe and go with just the white bands on the wings and tail.

We will see.