Doyusha 1/144 747-400

Hi All,

Ive googled and found some negative review on the Doyusha 1/144 B747-400...

Anyone knows where I can find pictures of the model kit?

My local hobby shop is liquidating personal collection of this model at $35...

Just wondering how bad this kit really is...

I've both Revell -200 & -400 as reference...

Thank You

It gives the word "bad" a bad name. I wouldn't pay 35 cents, much less $35 for it. It really is that bad. As horrid as the Revell 747-400 is (and it's really horrible), the Doyusha kit makes it look like a jewel. Run as far away from the Doyusha kit as fast as ever your little feet will carry you.

It gives the word "bad" a bad name. I wouldn't pay 35 cents, much less $35 for it. It really is that bad. As horrid as the Revell 747-400 is (and it's really horrible), the Doyusha kit makes it look like a jewel. Run as far away from the Doyusha kit as fast as ever your little feet will carry you.

Hi Jennings,

I've got a couple of Revell -400 (and I can imagine you saying "oh, bad luck") but could you summarise what's wrong with it? Thanks

These two threads address the problems with the Revell B747-400. The upper thread is the one that I previously posted to answer the question above. The second thread gives a bit more info.

Some replies seem to have gone missing from this thread. This reply is for anyone who comes later and is interested in an answer.

http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=225562

http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=225102&st=0&p=2146705&hl=b747&fromsearch=1entry2146705

Best wishes,

Grant

There actually is a new, more accurate 1:144th scale injection moulded 747-400. It is by Dragon, but provided with a full interior and transparent sections. So the price is around $80/€65. From what I have heard and seen, it is a pretty nice model kit but when you want to build a regular model without see-through fuselage you are paying for a lot of parts you won't use. My idea was a 747 during heavy maintenance to show off the extra engine and wing structure detail, or a regular model and put the painted interior next to the model.