1/35 - Austrian Black Hawk - Academy

Here is a pic of the back of the co-pilots seat with the crew ICS (audio) box. It's the box underneath and to the left of the fire extinguisher. This is the left side which is where the gunner or flight medic sits. The ICS and stowage compartments are also behind the right pilot's seat. Just reverse the picture for this crew chief's side as you can see in the background of the posted picture.

53C8B88A-E118-4FDD-BA63-F5576B530F4D-4249-0000068772B13A07_zpsd6f5a237.jpg

Edited by hawkwrench

So Eduard was correct on this one. However, the seat rail is different to that on the S-70. Scratching it is... just when I thought I'm nearing the end with cables, here is a new bunch.

9d309bbfd559feaaa5ae664d3b6f292c.jpg

Where do the cabin passengers connect to, or am I a bit too civil on that one? Do they wear headsets at all?

Edited by Phoinix

On standard US Army UH-60s, there is usually only one intercom (IC) cord in the back for the team/squad leader. It usually comes out of the ceiling above the middle front facing seat behind the gunner's seats. On VIP birds, there can be a few IC cords at various positions. Most of the time, the GIBs (guys in back) just wear their helmets and earplugs. They are just along for the ride and don't need to talk to the crew.

Gino's right, thei ICS box in the middle is where the squad leader for the grunts usually connected into so he could relay messages to his guys about times and locations. The commo box is the same style as the 2 crew ICS boxes, but its inset flush with the cabin ceiling

Tim

Looking ahead in my build, what are thease?

fa224f6d48ad5a4c05ecc68da80fc17c.jpg

Laser detector?

35b692bc74fde8fb35f97e0262534593.jpg

One is radar detector... But which one and what's the other?

Any sets out there for Black Hawk?

Edited by Phoinix

I don't know about the forward box one. I'm guessing the gold circles are the laser detectors and the black dot is the radar detector.

On the tail, the gold ones are the laser detectors. The black disks are APR-139 radar detectors.

Gino is half right with the devices on the tail. The two lower black buds are APR/39 radar warning detectors. The two upper lenses are what we call "plume detectors", the nomenclature escapes me at the moment but they detect a heat blossom from any rocket propelled arms that have been fired at the receiver. For instance, a shoulder fired heat seeking missile leaves a heat blossom as it leaves it's launcher. The plume detectors see this and alert the crew. Typically there are also two of these on the nose of some UH-60's.

Chris M

So in a way its a IR signature detector?

In a sense, yes. It's primary intent is to detect the heat and visible light of a missile launch. Heat can be detected with an infra red sensor so the actual sensor elements may be of I/R detection type.

Chris M

Thank you for the information. I guess I'll just make provisions for these sensors, or should I go for it? Those shiny "eye balls" would make a nice detailed feature, surely it would stand out, provided I can make them in the first place.

Anyway, Eduard had one job... scratching it is, again.

Shit1.jpg

Edited by Phoinix

I noticed that, going through some other forums however I'm not that good at painting and I don't belive i can make them come to life. If I can find some small ball bearings these are a winner :)

Chris M, as Chris Miller? :rolleyes:/>

Nice to talk to you again :)/>

What are the lower four pieces: http://www.cobracompany.com/35030.htm? I'm looking to save some time as the interior is taking longer than expected and this might be my shortcut.

Jure

The lower four pieces are chaff/flare replacements for the kit ones.

Chris M

I noticed that, going through some other forums however I'm not that good at painting and I don't belive i can make them come to life. If I can find some small ball bearings these are a winner :)/>

What I do about painting these is to finish the outer ring with flat black, drop silver paint into the "eye' and after it's dry use a drop of clear orange to give it a reflective sheen.

Chris M