I do not know if there are any changes from the 2009 ship to the ship for the new movie?

I don't think so, but I assume that the marketing department sees better sales figures with a Star Trek XII label. Honestly, at first I hoped for the TMP / Movie version of the Constitution class (Polar Lights being too big and too expensive and hard to get in B&M stores)

1:500 scale 'New Movie' Enterprise?!

Wouldn't that make it about 5 feet long?

Hehe, good one! Maybe yet another reason to call it the Star Trek XII version - maybe Abrams corrected at least that mistake in the new movie (and hopefully got rid of the brewery).

No one mentions the MD530 NOTAR so far. I am really looking forward to that kit since I did not manage to get the Profiline kit.

Cheers

Thorsten

And something interesting that's somewhat sci-fi related, or at least movie related, they are co-releasing Zvezda's 1/72 Pirate Ship. I've been working on this kit off and on for a while and it is a great ship model. I don't know what they are going to price it at but I bought mine for right over $100. Wouldn't mind getting another.

Bill

1:500 scale 'New Movie' Enterprise?!

Wouldn't that make it about 5 feet long?

Depending upon which length you believe to be accurate for the "JJprise" (1,200' vs. 2,379'), at 1:500 scale it would be approximately 2.4' or 4.75' long. Even 2.4' seems a bit large for a styrene kit with a price of 34.99 Euros.

Now, if RoG is somehow proceeding under the assumption that this ship is roughly the same size as the Enterprise in the original series, at 1:500 scale the kit would be approximately 22" long, which sounds more reasonable.

Al

And a 1/30 scale X-Wing. I am not sure how big that would make the model, but maybe around 15 inches? If the translation is correct, I think they're saying it's a new mold.

It says length 41, which I believe would be 16.14". Is that close to the same scale as the ole MPC X-wings? Seems like it was around that length.

Bill

It says length 41, which I believe would be 16.14". Is that close to the same scale as the ole MPC X-wings? Seems like it was around that length.

Bill

Thanks - I wasn't paying close enough attention and missed that line.

As I recall, the old MPC kits were about that length, but the pilot seemed more like 1/48, so I wasn't sure what scale they considered that one to be.