Repli Scale did a number of different subjects but like MicroScale not all of their stuff was correct. I'm still not sure what the red Jersey decals are for but they are more like the F-106 markings than anything on the 177th F-16s.

These are in 1/48 but were also printed in 1/72 scale also.

Looked in Jmel's ANG Viper book - there were 177th F-16s with the red flash on the tail and red New Jersey marks. The style I see on that sheet was in the F-16A and F-16ADF days.

Maybe I can scare up a photo on the interweb.

I'm still not sure what the red Jersey decals are for but they are more like the F-106 markings than anything on the 177th F-16s.

They were used by the Vipers for the first several years on several different airframes.

jake

Maybe, but they look an awful lot like the markings on the jets in my photos. The red on the decal sheet may be slightly too big, but there were several different variations on the jets, right up through conversion to the F-16C.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That's great work extending the rear stabilizers , Spectre

I have this reference book in my library

Referencebook1_zps4a2a8da0.jpg

It's the same one I have been using for my HH-3E build . There is also lots of F-16 photo's ;

You might like this one ,

Referencebook2_zps66f22e0d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_20130429_202056_321_zpsd8cb465d.jpg

Was making good progress until I broke the pitot tube off. Not sure where it landed but I did here a faint noise of it landing. And just think that I lost it once during the build to find it again. I was going to hold off installing the tube till I had the decals all on but for some reason I couldn't do that.

Buy a new one, then you'll be sure to find it. :) It is probably stuck to the bottom of your sock or something.

Your model is looking great btw.