F-14 D Tomcat Decals 1:32 scale

Does anyone know where I can get some decals for a Trumpeter F14 D Tomcat, preferably Grim Reaper decals? I emailed Brian at Fightertown Decals and I haven't received a email back from him. I put in a post inquiring about Fightertown Decals but no one can tell me anything. I am doing a F-14 D Tomcat and the only things that I can find is the Black Lions Decals at Sprue Brothers and of course the decals that come in the kit but I was really on getting some decals on the Grim Reapers squadron for some a certain person that use to fly with that squadron.

Hey chuck540z3!! Being that I am new to modelbuilding I have been looking at all of your in progress threads. Man can you create some great models! I see that you research the Hell out of a model before you create one and you recreate every model to the T. I first saw your model of the F4 in Fine Scale Modeler before I joined ARC and then when I looked at the progress build of the F4 it blew me away. I have done some models in the past, mostly OOB and now I am into scratchbuilding my models but I am a beginner at scratch building. And when I get done with my F14 D Tomcat I plan on doing a Tamiya P-51D mustang in the Tuskegee 332 squadron. And I see the p51 mustang thread also. I even went a got of couple of cans of Krylon paint as well....lol. But i will check the links that you sent me and I will concentrate on the F14 Tomcat. Thank you

Richard - Sorry if I didn't respond to your email. Both VF-101 32005 and 32014 have been long sold out. I don't have any copies around. In fact the only thing I have is the AD tail and 101 Modex/flap number inserts and the instructions. We won't be reprinting any of the 1/32 sheets. While I do get some requests, the fact that we have reprinted 4 of our fastest selling and most popular sheets (1/48) and then after the initial sales, we end up with 80+% of the print run collecting dust. I just can't justify the risk and cost and the 1/32 sheets are expensive to produce with multiple sheets.

I don't know of any of our distributors that have the sheets (or the VF-31 or VF-84 sheets for that matter).

Good luck and I really hope you find them. They are definitely worth it and look great on the model! I've been to a few shows where vendors have the sold out sheets. In several cases, I've bought them back.

The last option, and it's not a cheap one, but if you want the color jet - I do some 1-off custom sheets. They aren't printed by microscale though, so you have to understand that they won't be the same high end print quality but they can look really close. Email me if that's something you are interested in.

thanks,

brian

Thanks for reaching out to me Brian. Like I said I got in the game (modeling) way late to get your decals. And believe me I can understand what you said that it won't justify the risk of reprinting the decals in 1:32 scale. I wish there were more companies like you around because the Tomcat is my favorite fighter plane and I have heard your decals were the highest quality. On your website I see the VF-102 diamondbacks still available, maybe I may convert from a D variant to a B variant or just do the B tomcat at a later time. Please let me know if they are still available and if so can you save me one and I will get one on the 15th o the month. But I still plan on making the Grim Reaper variant for someone who use to fly the F14 Tomcat back in the day, so I will still be searching, maybe I'll get lucky.....lol. Thanks for reaching out Brian

Try redfroghobbies.com I was luckly and got the last VF-31 sheet he had #32012 but it's still listed as in stock so if you do order from him email him first to see if he actualy has it. The other VF-31 sheet #32006 from FT is lasted as one sheet in stock along with one VF-213 sheet. The 32006 sheet from vf-31 only has the cag bird on it.

Hope this helps

Jim

Edited by Hornet78