I'm having a lot of problems using photobucket at the moment. I can log in but then it takes forever to load my photos and won't seem to let me select a photo to copy into a post. Is anyone else having similar problems? I'm wondering if photobucket has ceased supporting Windows 7. It's really frustrating me no end and that's why I haven't uploaded any pics for quite a while. Does anyone have any ideas on this problem? When I first started using p-bucket it was nice and simple and so quick. Now it seems to be slow, clunky and full of features I neither want nor need. I'm doing a course at our local community college called Creating Your Own Website and the instructor reckons that there's something called "feature creep" where a user or programmer suggests that the admins might like to add such and such a feature to the site. Then another user comes up with another feature suggestion and before we know it the original purpose of the site is lost to all these great "features" which most users don't need or want. Whateveer happened to the KISS principle? Keep It Simple Stupid.

No cheers on this one,

Ross.

Yeah, they've been making some changes of late on there, almost seems different each time I go on PB ...

It still runs well on my Win 7 laptop though ...

I'm using Chrome as my browser, Ross, what are you running ?

-Gregg

To be honest Gregg I don't think it's Chrome. I'm no computer wizz so it's what I got with the laptop and the PC. Further than that I don't know. It's just darned frustrating. Update to what FlyingFortress? I don't really know what you mean. Update my browser?

Ross.

Edited by ross blackford

You can use Chrome which imho is faster then Firefox or IE. You can Google PhotoBucket update and there will be a selection of like titled subjects. The new version allows me to download a dozen photos at one time where as the older version would bog down my computer with 6 photos. Try it. Also, do you have any other windows open? The more applications you're running the slower everything will run.

Ross, Chrome is a free download ... Just Google it ...

I do hope that's all you need ...

It works fine on Opera on my laptop as well ...

Opera is another free Browser, just Google "Opera Browser" if you'd rather try that one ...

-Gregg

Hey Ross, sorry to hear that you're having problems with PB but if it makes you feel any better, you're not alone.

If you check out their forums or FAQs you'll see hundreds if not housands of unhappy campers sharing your misfortune.

Whilst the new site looks slick, in my experience it is the opposite. I'm also using IE as a browser and this is where the problem lies. I hope using Chrome or FireFox cures your issues.

Until they manage to get their operation running smoothly again, I'm using an alternative as PhotoBucket is completely unusable on my machine. :(