Looks like Black, with slightly light black and, well, black. In this case, I'd use Flat Black for one area, Cockpit Black (FS 37031) for somewhere else and maybe Humbrol Coal Black just to have some tonal differences. Or just mix up three different shades of black by adding varying degrees of white to your flat black and go from there. You may even be able to use some RLM 66 or something like that in there as well.

Hi! Could anybody tell me what's the right/closest paint/color to use for the ejection seat cushion and the seatbelts? Please see link below, just couldn't determine what those colors are. Thanks in advance!

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w177/ultrasauros/storage/PICT1717.jpg

First, the Comanche didn't have an ejection seat. The Kamov KA-50 and the RSRA are the only operational rotorcraft fitted with ejections seats (although the AH-56 had a single downward-firing F-104 seat fitted for a few hazardous tests)

The cockpit conformed to the Army finish standards for NVG capable cockpits, which is all visible surfaces are 37038 Lusterless Black. The seat cushion and belts were similar to the Apache, i.e. black fabric cushion and a nylon woven material for the belts, which has a slight sheen to it.

I agree with Don, straight flat black looks too stark and dark on a model cockpit. I like to use Floquil Grimy Black (which is really a very dark gray) as my base, with varying lighter and darker shades for contrast. This also allows using a straight flat black wash to pick out details.

First, the Comanche didn't have an ejection seat. The Kamov KA-50 and the RSRA are the only operational rotorcraft fitted with ejections seats (although the AH-56 had a single downward-firing F-104 seat fitted for a few hazardous tests)

And Ka-52.

• 3 weeks later...

After actually sitting in that cockpit (both airframes, actually). It is definitely black. Everything is black. I was a little disappointed. I don't know what I expected, but it was pretty bland.

I would use some aircraft interior black and dry-brush it with gunship gray. It should pretty much nail that "bleached/dusty black fabric" look you want to achieve.

After actually sitting in that cockpit (both airframes, actually). It is definitely black. Everything is black. I was a little disappointed. I don't know what I expected, but it was pretty bland.

I would use some aircraft interior black and dry-brush it with gunship gray. It should pretty much nail that "bleached/dusty black fabric" look you want to achieve.

Many thanks for that additional info!! :)