The Miramar air show scheduled for this weekend has been cancelled!!

As of when? I am in my final stages of prepping... The site still says it is a go.

Unlike the other air shows, Miramar was going ahead. Just no Mil Air flying.

mason

Edited by doupnik

No kidding. It was canceled along with every other air show about 5 and a half months ago.

Nope, they had planned to have it up until 10/3, the day before it's first day was scheduled. No military acts flying, but they were still going to have a show. In fact, they had announced yesterday that because it was largely privately funded, it wouldn't be affected by the government shutdown.

Luckily for me I only live a few miles away and didn't have to make any travel or lodging arrangements, but I can see this being a big headache for many people, being so last minute.

Edited by Ken Cartwright

Ironically, my old stomping grounds of Lake Charles LA, who hasn't had an airshow in almost two decades, managed to pull off a pretty darn good debut/return show last weekend. They weren't planning on having a major military demo team this year anyway, and they loaded it up with civilian acts and warbirds. They did have the Canadian CF-188 Demo unit with it's beautifully painted CF-188 and the civilian jet team Black Diamonds. So their show went on completely unaffected by sequestration and all that jazz. What could have turned out to be just another cancellation became hopefully a successful show again that will only grow and get better. Back in the day, their airshow was one of the best around. I hope it comes back to that status.

Bill

There's an airshow in Paso Robles you could go to. And if the flyer is correct a chance to see Voodoo in flight is awesome sight.

http://www.ewarbirds...p13/index.shtml

I shall be at this show. I'm in Vandenberg Village...only about a 90 minute hop up north for me. Can't wait :D

There's an airshow in Paso Robles you could go to. And if the flyer is correct a chance to see Voodoo in flight is awesome sight.

http://www.ewarbirds.org/wop13/index.shtml

Where does it say a Voodoo is flying? I didn't know anyone has a Voodoo flying in the world. I worked on one of the last flying Voodoo's in the CAF and would love to see one in the air again.

I only see on the flyer a T-33 is flying.

Where does it say a Voodoo is flying? I didn't know anyone has a Voodoo flying in the world. I worked on one of the last flying Voodoo's in the CAF and would love to see one in the air again.

I only see on the flyer a T-33 is flying.

Sorry I should have been clearer not an F-101 (which is a pity) but this

9734115806_09a307c1ef_b.jpg

voodoo by John Lequerica, on Flickr