Academy Mig-29 1/48

Hi,

This is my first post,and I like to show my Mig-29 build. I must say that's my 3th model build ever,so be gentle :)/>

I read a lot about model making,but I will need lot of practice work to achive decent work. For now I'm happy how this Mig looks.

I used some aftermarket things like:

- Eduard exhaust nozzles

- Karaya cockpit set

- Eduard exterior

- Master model pitot tube

Pictures:

l88zSZPl.jpg

72oRKeHl.jpg

Sz9ENHOl.jpg

B1vJfpNl.jpg

d0iZTMPl.jpg

5evmLUbl.jpg

Ms1ckcDl.jpg

DFAERPbl.jpg

tlGsA6fl.jpg

w2NFilsl.jpg

Thank you for your kind words.

It's really not the best kit to assembly,lots of bad joints,wrong panel lines,wrong parts...but I tried to do my best,as new modeller :)

This forum is the best to learn ,and I hope that I will somehow manage to improve after few more assembled models.

Few more pics:

kEQ742Ul.jpg

HKMWTyRl.jpg

iCKCjEDl.jpg

Hi Woody. Congratulations for this beautiful build. Nice to see a decent looking academy MIG-29UB. (just building mine too in german colors. :D) Only two things which i kindly mention as mistakes:

First, the main intakes are closed, and the other auxiliary intakes are opened on the upper side. These positions are right only when the engines are running. At a standing plane the upper intakes are closed too. (I have done the same good looking "mistake" with mine also, so who am i to judge. :D But on my next fulcrum it will be surely in closed position)

Second, the missile load is a bit incorrect for this plane. The R-27 missiles (mainly) are radar guided missiles (semi-active if i am not mistaken). Knowing that this bird doesnt have any radar (or just a very limited one), they cannot use this type of weapon effectively. The UB-s carry only the R-73 or the R-60, and usually just dummy ones, with the black ribbons painted on them, or just other unguided missiles only.

In some cases, for example at airshows, they can carry dummy R-27-s as well, but those are usually painted to blue or red, or in some cases white, with the black ribbons as well.

However, counting out these two, the build is great, i love it! Plus as for a 3rd modell, absolutely stunnig!

ChippyWho: Yes there are other "better" fulcrum kits available. The Great Wall Hobbies released the early and late type single seater fulcrums, and those kits are way better than the academy fulcrum A-s. As for this UB type, this is the only decent kit available. :cheers:

Thank you for kind words Yso. I try to do my best with my limited expirience,but hope to become better with new models.

About mistakes... First one is on purpose,because I'm aware of it when assembly,I know how this system works, but I just can't help myself,it's so much

better looking with grills opened :) If I ever achieve pro modeler status (in some 20 years) :) , then I will overcome my need for estetics :)

Second mistake,that, I wasn't aware of. Thank you for that information,I appriciate it :thumbsup:

You are welcome Woody. For the first mistake, i have written, that i have done the same opened grills on mine (will be closed on my next, despite it looks poorer than in opened position), so who am i to judge your build. :D

VERY nicely done Woody! If this is your 3rd model ever you're either REALLY patient with your building process or are bringing a bunch of other skills to the table. :P

This Academy kit turned out very nice in your hands. Even knowing the vent position issues, I'll probably build mine same as yours. I'm a sucker to see all the details "in-action"...it looks cool to me even if it might be incorrect...

Stencils was provided in kit,this one :

http://www.creativemodels.co.uk/academy_148_mig29ub_russian_air_force-p-32488.html

It's Cartograph ,excelent ones.

Silvering is visible only on few places,but that was my fault because I didn't polish the paint enough ,there is some parts of the model where paint was rough,so Future wasn't able to

level enough.

Yep,this was my 3th kit. I learn a lot before start model making, so I got lot of theory ,but I'm in lack of practice :) Well, with new models I hope to improve a little.

I just start to make HH-60J Jayhawk 1/48 (Skunkmodels),with Eduard HH-60 Exterior and Fireball Modelworks stencils. After that Eduard F-16 NATO Falcons and Eduard SU-27 (already purchased) :)

Btw, I need to work on my patience :) I still have a urge to make lots of work in one session, and as ussually ,that kind of thinking got me in trouble :) I will work on it :)