Which kit for an early 1/48 UH-60?

Hi all,

a friend of mine is planing to build an early UH-60. Like the ones which came over to Germany back in the early 80s.

Which kit and which AM sets are available as a good start point?

I can't help him, so I told him I know a place where I can post the question :thumbsup:

By the way...I remember the 1/72 Hase Blackhawk when it came out back than carrying four aux tanks on the "wings". Where those tanks used at all? I mean on a regular basis or only for PR reasons.

Thanks a lot!

Alex

Here you go my friend http://www.ebay.com/itm/Academy-Minicraft-1-48-US-Army-UH-60A-Black-Hawk-Military-Helicopter-Model-Kit-/400304201365

You don't have to get that particular kit, but it's probably what you are looking for. $65 is REALLY expensive for that kit

Edited by gonzalo

You want to look for a UH-60A w/out HIRSS, that is with open exhausts. Italeri/Revell make one too, but the Academy/Minicraft ones are the best in 1/48.

Italeri/Revell version

kit_00735.jpg

Minicraft/Academy version

ACY1612.JPG

I agree with Floyd too, his decal set is awsome. It has a couple open-exhaust UH-60A options.

By the way...I remember the 1/72 Hase Blackhawk when it came out back than carrying four aux tanks on the "wings". Where those tanks used at all? I mean on a regular basis or only for PR reasons.

The external fuel tanks are usually only used on long ferry flights for long-range deployments and moving aircraft between bases. They are not normally used on combat operations. Additionally, only one per side is usually carried.

The external fuel tanks are usually only used on long ferry flights for long-range deployments and moving aircraft between bases. They are not normally used on combat operations. Additionally, only one per side is usually carried.

And despite the box art above, regular Army UH-60's never carried Hellfires (or any other weapons) on those "wings" (can't recall the correct term).

And despite the box art above, regular Army UH-60's never carried Hellfires (or any other weapons) on those "wings" (can't recall the correct term).

Evening,

The two station (per side) wings are the ESSS - External Stores Support System - wings. I've never heard the official name for the single station wings, always heard them called 'batwings.'

Dan