1/48 Classic Airframes F-5B

Been wanting to finish this kit for a while now, started on the cockpit and taped the intakes together to check fit, other than that she is untouched. Originally I planned on doing a Mig-28 from the "Top Gun" movie, but since that won't fit in this GB, I will do the next best scheme, Bogey 20. But, since I need an F-5F to do those markings :bandhead2:/> , I will be doing a CF-116D in wraparound camo instead. Build will start off slow due to a couple of previous ongoing GB commitments, but after March it will be on without guilt!

V/r

Ron

IMG_0656_zps4ab19d1d.jpg

IMG_0657_zpsdd017c63.jpg

_3_zpsb5e7bf3e.jpg

Edited by bashace

You need an F-5F not an F-5B !

AFV Club have a nice F-5F

Sigh :doh:, and I was really trying to not have to buy another kit. So I just purchased this kit new off our favorite site to hate.

KGrHqFHJBcE7y6CbqBPDtyuGMg60_3_zps33a92d4d.jpg

He is right. With the kit you have you can do a Canadian CF-116D. Those are nice and colourful.

I can't believe I didn't catch that, was intoxicated in F-5 bliss going through my stash and didn't notice I guess. I did find some decals for the wraparound camo #16 CF-116D and ordered them.

V/r

Ron

Taking advantage of the long wait for decals to arrive in the mail. Started some general assembly, not a whole lot of cleanup work required. Fuselage is only taped together so the nose wheel well (resin part) will cure straight. And played with the cockpit a little, still have some work to do in there to finish it up.

V/r

Ron

IMG_0675_zps3e45aef5.jpg

IMG_0676_zps189d6ccd.jpg

looking good

i have one of these kits one day ill get to it

Thanks Neo, it's actually going together much better than I thought it would. With a little putty and a UMM scriber, it will be a good looking jet.

V/r

Ron