Naval Mig 29 & SU-25

I've caught a bug for Russian Naval a/c. The SU-33 is fairly well covered (or will be with the new one coming out). I'm also curious to do a Naval Mig 29K (Russian) and SU-25UTG(?). I figured both will take a lot of work to convert, so which kit would be the best starting point and what needs to be done? Not afraid of a lot of conversion work. (Not a MIG guy so blissfully ignorant.) Any feedback appreciated.

Edited by Chorse6

First off; which MiG-29K do you mean? :)

There are two kinds, the soviet one and a new one that was originally made for Indian Navy but are also now purchased by Russian Navy. The soviet MiG-29K lost out to Su-27K so MiG got their revenge now.

Original MiG-29K:

vikramaditya_l7.jpg

New MiG-29K:

14_MiG-29KUB_main.jpg

Picture above is actually MiG-29KUB, but K (one seater) is only different with having a fuel tank instead of a second cockpit.

As to the kits, trumpeter makes a kit of the original MiG-29K in 1/32. No other kits. There is not kits of the new MiG-29K/KUB.

Berkut-Thanks.

Told you I was ignorant of Migs. Wasn't aware of two different versions. Figured the Indian/new Russian ones were repops of the original (MIG-29K), so I guess my answer is Yes (both).

Also should have stated up front, interested in 1/48.

Berkut-Thanks.

Told you I was ignorant of Migs. Wasn't aware of two different versions. Figured the Indian/new Russian ones were repops of the original (MIG-29K), so I guess my answer is Yes (both).

Also should have stated up front, interested in 1/48.

Original and new MiG-29K's are very different, and the only kit available of either is Trumpeter in 1/32. (of original K) Scratching either one out of MiG-29 is a very hard job.

I don't know much about Su-25UTG but comparing pictures vs Su-25UB there isn't much difference. Obviously it has a hook and stinger is different, but those two should be easy enough to scratch. There is a KP Su-25UB kit. I suspect flaps are different, but you would need to take a closer look there.

HTH. :cheers: