The RF-4B has thin wings and skinny main gear tires where the RF-4C had Thick or bulged wings and fat main gear tires as they are ground based Air Force planes. I believe the B model also had slotted horizontal stabs and the C did not. If you took the fuselage from the B and used the wings, gear and horizontal stabs from the F-4C you would end up with an RF-4C.

Actually, the Hasegawa RF-4B has the thick wing already. A few of the last RF-4Bs had the thicker wing. Still need the slotted horizontal stab though. Also, some differences in the cockpit.

Edited by Colin K

The RF-4B has thin wings and skinny main gear tires where the RF-4C had Thick or bulged wings and fat main gear tires as they are ground based Air Force planes. I believe the B model also had slotted horizontal stabs and the C did not. If you took the fuselage from the B and used the wings, gear and horizontal stabs from the F-4C you would end up with an RF-4C.

This is true for the "real life", but the Hasegawa RF-4B kit comes with the "thick" wing. (There were a few very late RF-4B's with the thick wing)

You have to change a couple of things (stabs, inflight refueling equipment, cockpit, cataput clamps and a few things I can't remember.....).

There were different threads about this issue in the past with more info redarding the changes you have to do! Try to search the forums?

Best regards,

Jens

O.K. Colin was faster... :salute:

Edited by onescale

Does anyone know if you can build a RF-4C from the hasegawa RF-4B?

From the defunct FoxOne website:

1. Fill the scribing for the IFR probe door on the right fuselage under the cockpit. Leave the scribing for the IFR receptacle intact on the spine.

2. Fill the scribing for the formation lights (for the era my markings depict).

3. Remove or fill in the slot along the leading edge of the horizontal stab.

4. Use short burner cans parts T3.

5. Use the plain fin cap part N18.

6. Use part Y5 for the lights on the nose gear door.

7. RF-4Cs had both kinds of noses, but for the schemes on my sheet you'll use X1 and X2 nose pieces for the "angular" style nose.

8. Use blank fillers L8 and L9 for the spots where the catapult bridle hooks go (parts L4 & L5).

9. Don't use the intake ECM fairings G8 and G9.

10. Remove bumps on upper wing above MLG strut.

11. Put a stick in the rear cockpit.

12. Do not use part Q4 in the cockpit

13. Don't use part N9, an antenna on the underside of the nose.

14. Procure some Air Force style main wheels.