Kc135 Stratotanker 32 scale !!

Hello i am researching the possibilities to build a KC-135 Stratotanker in the 32 scale. Yes i know it will be a very huge scale plane.

51' inch or 1.20 meter. But a Super Connie is huge to even as a B-17 or B-29 in the 32 scale. I bought in E-bay a Kc-135 in the 72 scale with the 'new' CFM-56 engine's. I am still searching for a blue-print of the Kc-135 even as for a maintance-book for the extra detail. Is there anyone who cane help me with this?

with regards

Rogiér van den Berg

Just at out curiosity, how do you plan on working on a model of that size? You'd need a workbench of a min of 5 feet and several ft deep. Of course painting it would be a major challenge as well. Looking forward to your build blog.

Joel

First of all, my ex have killed my Connie. So now i am thinking of doing someting els. Yes i know the size of a KC-135 will be over the 1.20 meter long. My workbence is big enough. I am planning to build the body and the wings separately. The model will be of a flying plane so i dont have to build a landinggear.

You might consider looking for a 1/33 card model, or maybe a smaller scale and print it at 1/32 scale. GELI, I think, makes a 1/33 B-52, which I have somewhere and there is or was an eBay seller offering 1/33 card models of whoppers such as the Tu-95 and Tu-160, so it is possible there could be a KC-135.

Just at out curiosity, how do you plan on working on a model of that size? You'd need a workbench of a min of 5 feet and several ft deep. Of course painting it would be a major challenge as well. Looking forward to your build blog.

Joel

What would be the difference between a 1/32 KC-135 and a 1/4 scale or 1/3 scale R/C plan? I have two work benches that are 8 feet in length for my R/C planes and general DIY projects.

• 2 weeks later...

Oké a small update of my KC-135 project. First of all some a bit of information about this subject.

20151106_222146_zpsra9uyktw.jpg

A bit of fortuitous. The picture in front is almost the size of a 1/32 scale KC-135.

20151106_222209_zps5uzzpe4d.jpg

So yes it will be bigggggggggggg.

I have bought a Kc-135 in the 1/72 scale. First for the measurements and second for the panel lines.

20151106_222236_zpsy9n5ifre.jpg

And final a pack of decals with i will bring to a repro center to enlarge them to the correct scale.

20151106_222305_zps1hmwbomq.jpg

I will buy a walkaround book of a Kc-135 for some details. I am still searching for a maintenance manuel. And also good pictures from the cockpits MFD in working. I am like to build some lights in it so its a bird in working. So if some one can help..........

gr

Rogiér