Guys,

There's a new Air Force One coming. I was wondering if anybody knows if there's plans for a new model?

And...is there a current 747-8 model out there that would work for a conversion?

Thanks!

Both Revell and Zvezda do a 1/144 kit of the 747-8i.

All I expect you that would need to do to the kit would be to add some antennas and maybe the countermeasures senors on the engine pylons (if you are that fussy).

We just need to wait for them to be built and painted to see what decals are needed.

Edited by Trojan Thunder

They haven't even negotiated the contract for the new aircraft yet. All they've done is announce that it *will* be the 747-8. The hardware is still years away.

Yep...did some additional research. You're right. Seems like though...that model manufacturers would make an AF One. They're famous...popular and beautiful. We can only hope!

They haven't done a model of the VC-25A that's been in service for going on 30 years. But to be fair, the VC-25A isn't just a 747-200B, it has the engine nacelles & pylons of a 747-400.

Here's what the VC-25B will probably look like...

16_2000.jpg

So are there any kits out there of airliners/ transport aircraft that are not fatally flawed in some way????

Authentic Airliners is releasing nearly the whole range of 747s in 1/144th scale. The test photos posted on airlinercafe.com are, in a word, unreal. AA has stated plans for the 100,200, 400, and SP, and different engine versions will be available. The GE powered 744 is due out this summer.

If you haven't built one of their kits, you really need to. They're simply the best out there. Pricy, but you pay for the quality.

Hope this helps,

Bob