Hello Everyone,

8th October is celebrated as Indian Air Force Day.  2020 was the 88th Air Force Day for the IAF. I present the Mirage 2000 to commemorate this day. 

The Mirage 2000 was upgraded by the Indian Air Force and was re designated as Mirage 2000I.

The kit is from Kinetic in 1/48 scale and is built Out Of the Box. The build is simple but Kinetic hasn't mentioned much in the instructions about which parts to use for the different variants which can be modeled from one kit. So you will need to refer your references for the particular version you will be building. 

The model is painted using locally available acrylic paints and the camo was hand air-brushed without the use of any masks. it was just simpler for me this way IMHO.

I chose to give it a load of 4 MICA missiles and I am in process of scratch building the SPICE 2000 smart bomb which was used to strike terrorist camps deep inside the enemy's territory in BALAKOT. 

Overall the kit is a nice and simple build with beautiful detail OOB and I would recommend everyone to get this kit. I found this to be the best in 1/48 scale. 

Do enjoy the pics and the WIP video. 

Best 
Captain Adi 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Edited by Adichau

Wow, It seems to me you even have installed the specific decoy launcher, developped by Indian Air Force for their Mirage 2000 !!! Nice ! :thumbsup2:

But as far as I know, MICA EM cannot be mounted on the external wing point, only IR version is possible : this point is not wired for sending radar information to the missile... and when there are only two missiles underbelly, they must be placed with one in the front and the other in the back and on the opposite side.

But great job again ! :thumbsup:

Edited by Guess who
On 10/16/2020 at 1:10 PM, Guess who said:

Wow, It seems to me you even have installed the specific decoy launcher, developped by Indian Air Force for their Mirage 2000 !!! Nice ! :thumbsup2:

But as far as I know, MICA EM cannot be mounted on the external wing point, only IR version is possible : this point is not wired for sending radar information to the missile... and when there are only two missiles underbelly, they must be placed with one in the front and the other in the back and on the opposite side.

But great job again ! :thumbsup:

Hey Thanks for that. !!!! I didn’t know that about the missile hardpoint .  . .  Thanks. . . .  

4 hours ago, Thadeus said:

Nice Mirage. Colors came out nice. I've a hard time matching blue paints on the Mirages. The lighter color seems gray on one picture, and light blue on another.

I agree with you . . . I have had a hard time too . . What I have accepted is that a lot depends on the photo settings as in the camera settings and the light on the aircraft .  .. so I have made peace with accepting an average colour on the aircraft colours and stick with it . . . . Hope it helps. . . . 😀

Nice airbrush work and just the right touch on the weathering. I could never commit to a YouTube build too stressful especially if I made a mistake but I guess tgars what editing is for. Throw a photo behind that model and I would have thought it was a 1:1 real thing.🤗great work.