Mig-29 9-12 and 9-13 question

On 5/1/2022 at 10:00 AM, Falcon053 said:

Can someone answer what the difference between the 1/48 GWH Mig-29 9-12 late and 9-13 kits are? 

The 9-12 is the initial Mig-29 production variant and is known as the Fulcrum-A. It has the small original dorsal spine.

The 9-13 is the Mig-29S and is known as the Fulcrum-C which has the fatback dorsal spine.

Cheers,

John

I bought the Great Wall Hobby 1/48 MiG-29 Early boxing kit in Kuala Lumpur back in 2015 and, upon returning home, I recall having found a 9-13 upper fuselage half inside when I opened the white box in which this manufacturer stored this specific part. :gr_eek2:

My husband got the proper replacement for the correct version which came in the box, so now I'm left with a 9-13 upper fuselage half in case someone wants to trade it for something else; mostly tools or modelling supplies.

I quite fancy neither the 9-13 nor the SMT spines on the MiG-29. They totally spoil the slender, elegant shape in that aircraft.

Cheers,

Gwen