MY 1:350 ENTERPRISE

Here is my 1/350 Enterprise. The model was totally air brushed mixed colors to represent the filming miniature as seen in 1966. I worked extra hard on getting the Engine lights as correct as I could in this scale. I strive for scale lighting to insure realism of the model. It is seen here in front of a blue screen and a comparison shot with the actual filming miniature. Thanks!

You nailed it!  Painting one like the studio model and not how it looked on film is a challenge. I never realized the details until I saw it in the Smithsonian.  

I’m painting my 1/32 Shuttlecraft right now.  Now that I’ve switched over to lacquer paints, no way I could find all those enamels Gary Kerr recommends.  For the main hull I went with FS16440 and British sky (green) at a 10:1 ratio. Looks good to my eye. 

7 minutes ago, Scott Smith said:

You nailed it!  Painting one like the studio model and not how it looked on film is a challenge. I never realized the details until I saw it in the Smithsonian.  

I’m painting my 1/32 Shuttlecraft right now.  Now that I’ve switched over to lacquer paints, no way I could find all those enamels Gary Kerr recommends.  For the main hull I went with FS16440 and British sky (green) at a 10:1 ratio. Looks good to my eye. 

Sincere thanks! I humbly appreciate it! It's satisfying when other modelers recognize the difficulty in getting this ship right! Thanks again.

That came put very nice.  It's one of my top two Enterprise kits in the scale, the other is the NX-01.

One Modelpalooza contest we had one show up with the hanger bay open, the nacelle caps running, and you could look into the bridge from above.