Which is the best f 111 aardvark kit

4 minutes ago, dustiepal said:

Is the Academy FB-111 pretty much the same kit as there F-111C. Are they both long wings?

Thanks;

Dave

Pretty much. However, the F-111C had Triple Plow I (TP I) inlets while the FB-111 (aside from the first two) had TP II inlets. That said, none of the TP II inlets on either of the kits are accurate.

On 11/27/2023 at 8:34 AM, Tailspin Turtle said:

Thanks - I have some errata and additional information stuff for that monograph that I email on request but most of it is on one or the other of my blogs.

Tommy, I'd like that email if you wouldn't mind. I'll contact through messages here. Tnx.

On 11/26/2023 at 11:03 PM, RichB63 said:

OzMods (formerly Scaledown) do a resin F-111 Landing Gear Strut/Bay set for the Academy kit. I can’t speak to its quality or accuracy.

click here

I bought the OzMods gear bay / intake set but decided not to use it.

I think Reskit intend bring one out at some point. 

On 11/28/2023 at 7:58 AM, Jon Krol said:

Tommy, I'd like that email if you wouldn't mind. I'll contact through messages here. Tnx.

https://tailspintopics.blogspot.com/2015/03/the-complete-f-111b.html

When you combine my F-111B monograph (http://thanlont.blogspot.com/2008/05/grumman-f-111b.html) with the errata document (available by email to tommythomason at sbcglobal dot net) and the following posts, that's pretty much what you'll have.

Tommy was kind enough to email the errata docs to me a couple of months ago - thanks Tommy!