Boeing RC-135S Cobra Ball (Scale 1/72)

Hello everybody,

my plan was to build an RC-135S Cobra Ball without cheeks and with CFM-56 engines. I started to alter the right forward fuselage. After thinking for some time. I desided to change my mind and  build an earlier version with the antennas on the right side and TF-33 engines. So I closed and filled the drilled holes and started to make the antennas for the right hand side.

Here is the progress so far.

Thanks for looking.

Bild 2.jpg

Bild 3.jpg

Bild 4.jpg

Bild 5.jpg

Bild 6.jpg

Edited by AWACS-RESIN
Corrected mistakes

Cobra Ball is awesome! It will have a black right wing as well? Did  the 135 series

always have the strengthing bands or what time frame were they added? And...

one last question....can you show a picture of the actual jet so we can follow 

along. You have an awesome collection of 135's.

Cheers...Ron

3 hours ago, aircommando130 said:

Cobra Ball is awesome! It will have a black right wing as well? Did  the 135 series

always have the strengthing bands or what time frame were they added? And...

one last question....can you show a picture of the actual jet so we can follow 

along. You have an awesome collection of 135's.

Cheers...Ron

Thank you Ron.

To answer your questions: 1. yes of course it will have the black wing on the right hand upper side and engines No. 3 and 4. 

2. I think, those reinforcements were added when starting production of the C-135.

3. Since I do not own any pics of the jets and have to accept copyrights, I provide you a link of the A/C I build.

https://airfighters.com/photo/19159/M/USA-Air-Force/Boeing-RC-135S-Cobra-Ball-717-148/61-2662/

Regards

Jost

1 hour ago, Dutch said:

Jost, I have one question.  Is Boeing paying you to keep the production line open? 🤪

Wouldn’t that be nice? 
Matter of fact is, that it is very difficult to get 135 kits to a reasonable price. 

9 minutes ago, A-10 LOADER said:

Awesome work !

Do you cast the antennas as well or are they scratch-built ?

Steve

Thanks Steve.

The fwd big bump was scratch-built. For the long small antennas I made a long  sample and casted it 4 times and adjusted them to length. The antennas on top are all casted.

Jost

Edited by AWACS-RESIN

I think this is your ninth big Boeing build - I'm starting to suspect that you may have about as many as I do...

....and I've got 25 in total: 16 assorted AMT/AmTech/Heller -135s, and nine Airfix/Heller E-3s/707s/-137s... 😲

Edited by andyf117
  • 3 weeks later...

Just, I have to echo Steve's comment on the speed of manufacturing. I am intrigued by your technique of building,  painting and decaling in major sub-assemblies. I am not sure that I could do that without some major issues at final assembly and possible re-paint. I am curious as to your rationale for using this method.  I am astounded by your results.  Carry on, good sir. 

Kind regards, 

Dutch 

Jost, I also noticed the non-standard "eyebrow" windows. Is this unique to the COBRA BALL?

Hmm, after looking online, I see that they are indeed positioned correctly.  Besides, if I remember correctly,  they are molded that way through the upper fuselage. Nevermind. Nothing to see here. 

Edited by Dutch
10 hours ago, Dutch said:

Jost, I also noticed the non-standard "eyebrow" windows. Is this unique to the COBRA BALL?

Hmm, after looking online, I see that they are indeed positioned correctly.  Besides, if I remember correctly,  they are molded that way through the upper fuselage. Nevermind. Nothing to see here. 

Thank you, Dutch.

The way I build my large model makes the handling much easier. 
Eyebrow windows. I think the one you talk about is the one aft of window no. 5 left and right. Not sure but it must be a push in panel. I used the wrong decal for it. I have to replace it with a smaller one.

• 3 weeks later...