C-130J Fat Albert (New) Cargo Interior Photos

Looking for photos of the "new" Fat Albert C-130J cargo area.  I can't seem to find any.  I know the old one was slightly modified with different guest-ride seats.  I was curious if the new one was similar.  If I google search, they are all of the old ones, I've also been scrolling through their Facebook and Instagram accounts.   

Thanks, 

Brent 

The Fat Albert J is a former RAF J that was refurbished and sent to Tinker AFB 

for it's paint job. It has the standard "Legacy" cargo compartment...regular dual

rails and rollers that stack on top the rails. Those rails never fail! It is a beautiful 

airplane though!

Cheers...Ron

I'm a bit out of the procurement news loop...the Navy bought a used RAF J?

I knew the Brits sold theirs, didn't think the U.S. would buy any.

How many, or just the one for the Blue Angles, to "save" one for regular ops?

The Navy bought just one "J" from the RAF because neither the U.S. Navy or Air Force could spare one and Lockheed was backed up with orders.

The C-130T's were all grounded due to airframe issues at the time, so Fat Albert was not usable and the Blues had no other support aircraft available.

The RAF had all their short-body "J" models in storage, so we bought one from them.

On 2/26/2024 at 9:46 PM, mhvink said:

The Navy bought just one "J" from the RAF because neither the U.S. Navy or Air Force could spare one and Lockheed was backed up with orders.

The C-130T's were all grounded due to airframe issues at the time, so Fat Albert was not usable and the Blues had no other support aircraft available.

The RAF had all their short-body "J" models in storage, so we bought one from them.

So was it right hand drive? 🤣

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like it...the old E models I flew were that color. The MC-130 was black inside...miserable hot inside being stationed out in the Pacific.

Then later the MC-130H was done in a dark gray color. 

Cheers...Ron

Spent some time on the red webbing & canvas seats. I am curious about the nice padded blue seats by the wheel wells.  Are those VIP seats?  Or the pads they use for working on/around the jets?

Edited by Dutch
3 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Spent some time on the red webbing & canvas seats. I am curious about the nice padded blue seats by the wheel wells.  Are those VIP seats?  Or the pads they use for working on/around the jets?

I believe they are.  Wouldn't surprise me if they are from the old Fat Albert 

Are the maintenance troops all Navy, or a mix of Navy & Marines?  I know that the flight crew of Fat Albert is an all Marine crew. 

I ask because in the first photo, the man standing in the center, in front of the tool box, is obviously a sailor.  You ask how do I know?  Because he has his hands in his pockets!