I lost the part circled from my Airfix kit. I’m so close to being done. Hoping someone has one they don’t need. 

Thanks, Chris 

IMG_3400.jpeg

Edited by kg4kpg

I don't have that part, but I'd try to contact the Revell "lost part"-customer service. Their older Chinooks or MH-47s have the same part in their boxes.

HAJO

2 hours ago, Hajo L. said:

I don't have that part, but I'd try to contact the Revell "lost part"-customer service. Their older Chinooks or MH-47s have the same part in their boxes.

The "older" Revell Chinooks were re-issues of the Matchbox kit - the MH-47E was a re-box of the Italeri plastic, which is what the Airfix kits were also...

Hi Chris,

Sorry for the delay, I've Bern working six days a week and am finally home with enough time to check for the parts.

Regrettably, I didn't have it in my "Deep Stash".

Good Luck locating one,

Glynn

The MH-47 Chinook looks to be still available on the Italeri website, it's more or less the same kit. I have had paid for spare parts from Italeri quite successfully.

Alternatively, Airfix are to release their all new tool Chinook later this year. The part from this kit, may well work, with some mods.

-----------------

Posted (edited)
On 3/20/2024 at 10:42 AM, barkin mad said:

The MH-47 Chinook looks to be still available on the Italeri website, it's more or less the same kit. I have had paid for spare parts from Italeri quite successfully.

Alternatively, Airfix are to release their all new tool Chinook later this year. The part from this kit, may well work, with some mods.

-----------------

Thanks. I’ve written Revell and Italeri, but no reply yet. 

also, thanks for checking Glynn. 

Edited by kg4kpg

Looks like it may be a bust. Italeri doesn’t have it and neither does Airfix. Revell says they have moved Spare Parts to the US but have not received anything from Germany yet, with no ETA, so she didn’t know when, or if they could help. If the front one wasn’t already glued in place I could just attempt to make one, but I tried to pull it. It will break flush and just have to be glued in place. I want the rotors to be able to turn, less chance of breaking that way. Oh well. 🙄

2 hours ago, barkin mad said:

Trumpeter also do 2 versions of the Chinook, they offer spare parts through............

https://www.hobbydna.com/products/parts01622

which are in the US I think, but it looks as though you may have to buy the entire sprue, rather than individual parts. Possibly another non-starter?

--------------

yeah, that’s $15 bucks. Thanks for the link though. I’ll attempt to make one, if that fails, guess I’ll just bust it up into spare parts. Bummer

5 hours ago, kg4kpg said:

yeah, that’s $15 bucks. Thanks for the link though. I’ll attempt to make one, if that fails, guess I’ll just bust it up into spare parts. Bummer

You previously mentioned the front one's already fitted - with or without the blades attached?

4 hours ago, andyf117 said:

You previously mentioned the front one's already fitted - with or without the blades attached?

without. I’m going to try to make an impression in modeling clay and pour some softened styrene into it to see if I can make one. 

I was going to suggest similar, but using this method - I wrote this article nearly 30 years ago, and still cast parts the same way to this day:

1192240481_SAM1701a.thumb.jpg.4d66c7b4ee34960f387badef865934ee.jpg

2005007322_SAM1701b.thumb.jpg.c47c51a4f99d95d6b6edb31eb8308302.jpg