• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to try to submit my current build, but I'm unsure about whether I'll actually be able to or not.

My biggest problem is that I have serious questions about my ability to finish by June 1. I just started over a week ago, and besides being a slow builder even under the best of circumstances, I'm also planning on tricking this one out to a degree I've never done before. I'm using the Revell kit, and at the rate I'm going, I'll have the re-scribing done by mid-April :) . I'm currently waiting on a True Details cockpit, which will need to be fitted to the fuselage, and I'm going to cut off and re-position the horizontal stabs, move the wings back to their 75-degree oversweep, deploy the boarding ladder, add some extra detail to the landing gear, and oh yeah--sit around twiddling my thumbs waiting for paint to dry.

And if I somehow do get it done before June, I have no digital camera, so I'll have to beg, borrow, or steal one from a friend or relative, or else get one of those disposable ones and pray for decent results with it.

So anyway, wish me luck. And FYI, for those who are interested, the 1/4-mark of the re-scribing process appears to be the point where you begin asking yourself aloud every ten minutes, "Now remind me again why didn't I get the Hasegawa kit?" :)

• 3 weeks later...