DANG!!! :cheers: :P :o

jsut when u think ur doiin ok, something like this comes along!!!:monkeydance:

amazing cockpits uve got got there, as a fellow 1/144 super detailer im curious how you go about that level of detail? howd u do it!

it lookes like a decal or something similar, with the tub built out of plastic card, am i correct? if its painted, man! whats ur technique!?!?!??!! i jsut trialed a new method of building the panels out of layers (see pic) which had turned up pretty good results till i saw this!

my hats off to you sir,

regards

Raymond

Hey Raymond,

Thanks for the words...

It's all plastic. Side consoles are solid block. Top is painted black, then scribed (revealing white plastic) to represent lines between instrument clusters. I use oil paint to do the detail painting as it stays wet on the brush. Instrument panel is sheet plastic w/ layed MFDs. Seat is carved from 2 pieces (upper & lower) of plasticand the mighty Zacto knife :cheers: .

BTW: I did this without working under a magnifier. Well, I'm 40 now and need a magnifier to see it... :monkeydance:

It's all plastic.

ahh.......excuse me while i go throw up......thats gobsmacked me totally!!!! :P :o

youve well and truely provided me inspiration today!!!

thanks for the how too, i must have a go at this!! how does oil paint differ form say, enamel?

ive been usign enamels and a sharp tooth pick to do details like buttons etc and fashioned the instrument clusters out of thin card, so its slightly raised, to give depth. though alignment issnt helped by &*$* tamiya-takes-10-mins-to-set cement

:monkeydance:

this might help: ive been using a cloth pen and lookign into other pens for doing circular stuff such as dials on an instrument panel, or precision painting. I have found it extremly effective, you mgiht want to look into it! :cheers:

guess its jstu a case of practise makes perfect! :lol:

included a pic of my new techniques in use.......they look quite shoddy through a webcam thoug! :S

regards

Raymond

Zactoman, how's your eyesight? :thumbsup:

Damn, I just wish I could do as well with that Dragon F-14A Bombcat that I've got.

included a pic of my new techniques in use.......they look quite shoddy through a webcam thoug! :S

Raymond, YEAH RIGHT, buddy...that cockpit looks TERRIFIC. What I can see of it, you must have gotten eyestrain from superdetailing that 'pit.