Making custom decals

I am making some decal "addition" to the Carpena sheet dedicated to USS Forrestal. I want to use the VF-11 low viz decals to pepresent aircraft 106. What I have to do is fairly easy: I need to draw the circle around the decals that goes on the fins and add the "THE RED RIPPERS" text curved according to the circles. Well....I feel kind of dumb having to ask this.....but it seems I cannot find any way to curve the text! I am using Corel Draw 11 (just started to use the program yesterday...).

If someone could please tell me how to do the trick it would be great!

Oh! here is a picture of CAM´s decal sheet for the aircraft I am talking about. Sadly it seems they have it only in 1/48 and 1/32 scale....

Thanks,

/Kristian

Hi there,

Click on your text and the curve that you want to add it to. Then go to the text button on top of the page. Click on " fit text to path". This will give you all the options you need, ie above the line , below the line, left/centre/right aligned, etc.

Hope this help,

Cheers,

Piet. :soapbox::touche:

Sorry to HIJACK the thread, but just wondering where I can get this font. "LONG BEACH USN". ~really evil grin~ Just can't figure out where TLai wants me to send the money???? Sheeesh, can't they make it simpler for someone who has trouble reading the MODEL directions. :cheers:

TLai has a "Buy/Register" button on their web site. Very easy to order if you have ever ordered from an online store before.

The Web site design is a little cluttered, so you might have missed that. I'm glad you did the right thing and decided to buy it.

Now let me get this straight......

You started using Corel Draw yesterday, and you're already drawing stuff?

Man I must be dumb, or you're a wiz, 'cos I couldn't make top or bottom of it after a few days......

Fotunatley, Istvan Illes came to my rescue. (pictures to come soon..)

Completely jealous of you success,

Matthew

I really haven´t done much yet. And fortunately I will not have to either. In the picture below is showed what I have to add to the tails. I will now do add the "106" number and the "06" also for the tails. Finally the bu.no.

I´m lucky that I don´t have to do any artwork....

For the pilot and rio names I think I will try to find some dry transfer that matches the size I need. Sadly I cannot print white (no alps here....)

/Kristian

TLai has a "Buy/Register" button on their web site. Very easy to order if you have ever ordered from an online store before.

The Web site design is a little cluttered, so you might have missed that. I'm glad you did the right thing and decided to buy it.

Weeeeeelllll, I could be an evil SOB and just make my own 45 degree cut letters. But I think I'll play nice. Besides, his come in italics and bold.