Be careful with marker pens. The marker paint tends to virtually "soak" up thru every layer of paint. It may take weeks, but it will show. A fine preshaded line will eventually be wide and fuzzy. I learned it the hard way, although I was told not to do it :cheers:

Yes ,as Lancer512 said,try to avoid felt markers for pre-shading. NOW ,this may also depend on the type of paint being used ie: Acrylic or Enamel.

Sometimes the solvent from enamel paint will re-dissolve the ink from the F.pen and cause it to bleed through.Also,clear coating with a lacquer based finish may also re-dissolve the ink,even if the paint did not ( trust me on this one :thumbsup: )

Another problem is when the F.pen ink does come back into solution, it turns a black/purple color (non too good looking....again trust me)

This may not happen with acrylics ,although the alcohol/carrier in the paint may react with certain felt pens.

Use an airbrush ,and don`t be too concerned about the lines being perfect and not straight or oversprayed....not that big a deal in the end.You could also hand brush with a long haired pin striping brush.

I still do use a Sharpie Felt pen on certain details: drop tanks, small bits & bobs etc.

HTH

Paul T

Yes, if you can please use the airbrush, the effect that we're looking for is the smooth transition between the pre shading color and the base color, this can only be achieved (as far as I know) by using thin airbrushed color

HTH

Jahja