discount hobby center

this place is trouble!!! they have great prices, but you may never get it. they don't answer the phone or emails. Some people have been waiting over a yr for a kit. They are on yahoo auctions and so far have more neg. than good. Some people have been lucky and got stuff within a week from ordering. He puts stuff up for auction that he has not recieved yet, but doesn't tell people that. As they say buyer beware!!!!

I had a similar experience. The first auction I won went very smoothly and I had the goods within 2 weeks. Encouraged by this I bid/won several OOP Aeromaster sheets and kits, and paid the next day with ccard by phone. 8 weeks later and after 4 separate assurances that the goods had been sent I gave up and contacted Mastercard with a complete list of all our e-mail correspondence; they immediately refunded my money in full.

I'm amazed that they're still in business and still trading on Yahoo! auctions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I gave up and contacted Mastercard with a complete list of all our e-mail correspondence; they immediately refunded my money in full.

What an irony...for all the flak the credit card companies get for their questionable ethics, then you hear about something like this where suddenly they're the unquestionable good guys!! Kudos to MC for this one.

• 1 month later...