VF-Decals Customer Survey

Although we normally focus on F-14 stuff, we here at VF-Decals have found some reference material on some Desert Storm 1 CH-46 markings, and before we decide to give the sheet the proverbial 2 thumbs up, we wanted to get your opinions.

The first a/c we have reference for is a 2 tone tan and brown helo with nose art called "Lucky Laura". Btw, if anybody knows what squadron this bird was attached to, please let us know!! :lol:

The second a/c we have reference for is for a 2 tone gray and temporary sand camo helo from HMM-165.

We figured since there haven't been any aftermarket decals for CH-46 helos produced, we'd possibly give them a shot.

What do you guys think?

Brian Marbrey

VF-Decals

Edited by VF-103guy

I think its a good idea. BUT!!! I wont be getting them. Im only going to do the CH-46 once and Im going to do it Canadian search and rescue.

Hopefully leading edge will come up with one. :lol:

Probably a good call on your part, since nobody is making any aftermarket decals as you mentioned. I would order a set from for my CH-46, no doubt. :blink:

Happy modeling,

Jim :crying:

Fujimi had a large range of CH-46s. I had a few years ago but sent them to the boneyard and traded others. They are a very nice model. engaved lines the whole bit. Can be found at a good deal sometimes to. :crying:

PLEASE produce in 1/72nd scale!

Fujimi make a very nice CH-46 kit which is available as a CH-46D (in 1970's Engine Gray), a CH-46E/F (in 1970's Field Green), or as an HH-46 (nice red and green rescue scheme). A boxing with decals for a current counter-shaded gray scheme seems to have come and gone very quickly.

There are NO aftermarket decals available for any USMC versions, so I would think that anything you produce for these kits in 1/72nd scale would be very well received. Decals for a brown and sand Desert Storm bird would be particularly appreciated, as would some for the old three-color black-green-grey scheme and a counter-shaded gray scheme from any of the recent European or Middle/Far Eastern conflicts, should you wish to expand the sheet.

A point to note about the Fujimi kits: they do not come with the large sponsons, floatation bags or IR jammers, but these are easy to scratchbuild - the decals are not! Besides, if decals are available then resin accessories will probably follow.

Please :cheers:

Regards

Drew

• 3 weeks later...