F-16CG... Small kine progress

Hiya gents... Little “pigeon†slipping in there :cheers:

Had a small emergency with one of our pets today so I didn’t get much done. The CG is coming together though & I hope to have some paint on her by Wednesday. I’m slowing making simple notes as well to do a basic write-up for you all once completed. However, I can give you a little preview now… This is a nice kit. Accuracy issues aside, it builds quite quickly with little trouble. What fit problems I have encountered (like the main wheel well) have been more of a pain but easily corrected with a sharp knife or sanding stick. The fact that it doesn’t fall together maybe what attracts some modelers anyway :cheers:

Well, here’s a quick image of today’s slight progress. The CG is sitting next to my now somewhat neglected CJ… I’ll finish her up once this project is complete. I’m really looking forward to finishing up this RoKAF bird!!!

Mahalo,

Mark

Yowza! where you gonna put them all, Mark? Looks like it's coming together though.

Trying not to think about that right now :cheers: Not sure if I've even planned for it!!! Ahh, I'll figure something out :D

Think I'd really be in trouble if they come out with a nice "A" model... I'd love to build every Asian Viper out there, especially the TNI-AU birds (worked with them a few years back... Love the colors, great folks as well!!!). Shoot, how many Vipers would that end up being, 3 or 4 more? That's a lot of shelf space. Don't tell the wife please :cheers:

Mahalo,

Mark

Looking really great, Buck! It looks like you build by my motto--"Build now and worry about the space problem later". I've got 4 finished 1/32 Vipers, and 4 more in various states of construction, as well as plans for about 10 more.

Jake

Buck, have you measured the length of the PW exhaust nozzle on the Academy kit?  It looks too short in the photo i.e. underscale in length.

Hiya Habu2...

Sorry about the delay in response, been really busy lately.

Anyhow, as luck would have it I ended up with a -229 in my back yard ...so-to-speak... so I went right on out with tape measure in hand. The CC thought was crazy but had a good laugh as I stood there taking measurements.

Well here's what I found... From Turkey feather attachment point to the edge of the nozzle, 29.75in (augmenter positioned "open"). So, with this gouge I went home to check the Academy augmenter, modeled in a more-or-less similar position... It comes in short by 1.5 scale inches, just less than 1/16th inch. Good call :D

Again thanks gents, been a bit busy but I'm gonna get her done soon!!!

Mahalo!!!

Mark