Random AH-1Z/UH-1Y Question. . .

I believe I have a pic downloaded somewhere, or in a magazine of a UH-1Y with the turned exhausts. It was one of the prototypes (obviously) but I don't recall if it was going to implemented on the production machine. Seeing as the USMC is looking for some commonality in the airframes and the the AH-1Z is getting the turned exhausts, it would be a safe bet to assume the UH-1Y will have them as well.

One way about it, this definitely isn't your father's Huey (to paraphrase an Oldsmobile selling line). :thumbsup:

It would make sence for that to happen but damn there both getting uglier and uglier, I like the old slick down mean azz look.

I guess there taking on the old matra

Not a lean or mean but still a US Marine. :thumbsup:

Both the Z and the Y will have the turned exhaust. The reason for this is the the tail boo was getting TOO hot and making the metal brittle.

So when you say they keep getting uglier and uglier, they are making them safer and safer. I would never sacrifice safety for looks!

Both the Z and the Y will have the turned exhaust. The reason for this is the the tail boo was getting TOO hot and making the metal brittle.

So when you say they keep getting uglier and uglier, they are making them safer and safer. I would never sacrifice safety for looks!

Steve,

I want my brothers and sisters to the best and safest stuff around. I like ugly, I look at it everyday in the mirror. :thumbsup:

I just like the old school look.

Semper Fi,

Ryan

THANKS A LOT :worship:

Now I'll have to go see if my local hobby shop (toystore, actually) still have it :lol:

Looking good, by the way :crying:

Edit: They had it, but they don't any more :worship:

Edited by hatchet