I got two of these five years ago when they came out and did the prototype, which appeared here at ARC. I have since done an in-flight with the 1/72 Zvezda S-37 in the prototype markings also. So, I didn't want to do another all black Berkut.

I have read that the Russians assigned a production number for the Berkut and it has been designated Su-47, but I haven't read nor seen anything of actual production Berkuts. Therfore, I created my own in "what-if" markings. I have yet to gloss and apply the decals, but all basic painting is done. I primed all in the undersurface color using Polly Scale Lt. Gull Gray. The uppers are Model Master Acryl British Desert Storm Stone and Polly Scale Briitish Earth Brown. It's being built OOB save for adding a small wire antenna in back of the canopy. The nose is Polly Scale RLM66, the white PS Reefer White. the gear bays are a 50-50 mix of RLM79 and Silver.

Hope to gloss for decals this evening or in the morning. I'm using a combination of the kit decals and some from a DML 1/144 Su-37.

Caz

newsuit3.jpg

newsuit4.jpg

newsuit5.jpg

Edited by redruffensore

Incredible model, especially for the scale :thumbsup:

Word is that, due to extreme twisting of the wingtips during high-G manuevers, they've went back to the drawing board and the next-gen Sukhio fighter will have a more conventional look.

More info at www.aerospaceweb.org under the S/u-47 heading.

Hi guys,

Thanks to the fact that I am now hot wired to Adelphia, I'll be frequenting ARC's forums more often. My pitiful dial-up forbade me dropping by a furm with so much graphic content.

Ken etal., the scheme is based on an airshow Su-37. At first, the nose was white, but later it was dark gray. I chose dark gray, if for no other reason than to add another color. It is a what-if, isn't it!

su37_1.jpg

I almost went Alvis Petrie crazy with this and may order another and do it yet. But I gave thought of sawing off the squares on the fuselage for the wing mounts and mounting them to the respective wings and sanding them to proper trailing edges, then cementing the wings as per usual aircraft, i.e. facing rearward. I was also going to reverse the vertical tails so that they canted inward rather than outward. Oh crap, I just put a bean in Alvis's brain, if he should read this! :thumbsup:

Caz

I have read that the Russians assigned a production number for the Berkut and it has been designated Su-47, but I haven't read nor seen anything of actual production Berkuts.

Caz

Very nice ... a truly incredible model !!!

Regarding the “Su-47-serial designation†does not mean that it will ever reach production status … the S-37 was just renamed – maybe as a marketing gag – to Su-47.

By the way the future Russian fifth generation fighter currently under development by Sukhoi under the PAK-FA programme and designated T-50 is rumoured to be based on the Su-47/S-37 design but it should feature a F/A-22-like wing ….

This is a conceptual drawing of how it might look like but for my opinion we should wait to see how the will really look like.

Cheers, Deino :nanner:

Edited by Deino