Gentlemen:

I see on the Great Models Website that Golden Dragon has released the B-52 Heavy Stores Adapter Beams for both the AMT an R-M B-52 kits. I've looked at the review sections of both HS and MM and can't dind any reviews. Has anyone bought these kits? If so, are they accurate and what is the casting quality like?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

• 8 months later...

Gents:

Thanks to Daniel at Golden Dragon Productions I can answer my own question. The quality of the HSAB's is very good. No pin holes in my sample and the detail is great for 1/72 scale.

Here are some pictures:

Overall look at the stub pylon and HSAB

Edited by Mark S.
So Golden Dragon is still producing aftermarket accesories? I hadn't heard anything from them for quite a while now. That's good to know.

Dave,

Great Models carries their line, they have a very nicely done 1/72 aftermarket cockpit for the hasegawa EA-6B kit.

Regards,

Murph

• 2 months later...

I got my GDP HSAB this week. They look okay, but are totally incorrect. When compared to photos and drawings of the HSAB in Don Logan's ACC Bomber Triad. The GPD HSAB's are a bit short and about two and a half times too wide. If you can get your hands on Paul Boyer's December 2002 Fine Scale Modeller article on the AMT B-52H he describes how to modify the Monogram pylon. Also check out this article online Cajun Fear.

• 3 years later...

A downgrade to 1/144 would be awesome. Is H conversion for the 1/72 monogram out yet? I want to do a B-52H from KI Sawyer AFB with the Euro 1 greay scheme and the tail gun still installed. I am guessing the time frame would be around 1989/1990? Would they have used HSAB at that time frame, or only been able to carry ALCM's? If only ALCM's will the AMT ALCM pylon fit on the Monogram? I have so many questions on this subject I might post them in a seperate thread, once the H conversion kit is avaialble.