Le bourget this morning

OK, I've been up since 9pm (Paris Time) and I'm in Chennai, India on the 14th. We've got a 10+ hour flight from Chennai to Paris and arrive at CDG at 10am. Crew bus to the hotel (1+ hour ride), change, jump on a train back towards CDG, off at LeBourget - there by 1pm. I've wanted to see this show for one heck of a long time. I'll be damned if it doesn't rain all afternoon :o Ya gotta be sh!!t!n me!!! Of course I gotta fly back to Atlanta on the 16th, so it's my one and only chance... Oh well... Can you believe not one single picture??? On the plus side, I'll give it to the French, in no way, shape or form would the US have allowed "airshow" flights in that weather. I'm a Boeing man myself, but I was truly impressed by the flights of the A-340 and A-380 (thought it would be bigger - seriously) - I've never seen and probably never will again see such maneuvers by such large aircraft. On the military side, it was fun watching the Flanker, but in my opinion, the Eurofighter was eye watering - that's one nimble little jet :thumbsup:

It certainly isn't the typical airshow, but it certainly was something to see. Back to the hotel and in bed by 10pm - 26 hours and it was well worth it ;)

George

georges,

you were unlucky because thursday was the only rainy day of the week....

I will go back to le bourget on saturday with my 7 years old son an it will be a very sunny and hot week end :worship:

The airshow is good but the best performance is probably the superbug.

The flanker is always top, but it comes also from it's beautiful design and camo.

I had a very good feeling with the russian crew, and this year american delegation were mutch more open and friendly than last time :worship:

probably a sign of normalisation of our relationship :o

the A380 is more impressing on the ground because when you walk close to it, you realise it's real size :worship:

It's a good milesime and i will try to post some more picts.

:o

• 3 months later...

Richy!!

I know it has been a long time since you last posted pictures but I'm new here ;-)

I am preparing to paint my 1/32 Trumpeter Flanker with the 305 color scheme. I have a lot of pictures but I could use some more close-up to figure out the colors better. It appears there are 5 different shades of grey plus white (left and right covers, behind the radome). Help....

Please PM me or email me if you can send me some photos. :blink: