Celebration at Kubinka

Kubinka AFB celebrated 85th birhtday of legendary WWII Soviet ace Ivan Nikitich Kozhedub.

kozhedub_secondwar.voenkomat.ru.jpg

www.FOXBAT.ru published 9 galleries that can be found here use numbers at the bottom of the page to navigate.

kubinka05028.jpg

All images are copyrighted to the original authors. All credit goes to foxbat.ru

Enjoy!

Z.S.

That Bf-109 along with several busted and semi-busted Nazi Panzers is a part of Great Patriotic War Victory Museum on Poklonnaja Gora in Moscow. The museum is a very pleasant outdoor place and a great tourist and family destination.

Foxbat gallery of the museum 1

Foxbat gallery of the museum 2

Enjoy, and call your travel agency for reservations today :cheers:

Z.S.

I sure did, Zmey!

THANK YOU!

By the way, what the heck is this 109 doing in Russia!!!????:

http://www.foxbatavia.narod.ru/maks/poklonka/poklonka004.jpg

Any idea???

Cheers,

Jorge, from Buenos Aires.

day04_43.jpg

The rest of my pics of the exhibits at Park Pobed (Victory Park) are at :- http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/models...2004_day04.html

Scroll down about halfway.....

Ken

Zmey,

Thanks for the photos - and the link.

When are the Knights actually going to FLY the Su-35's ???

I hope the 9-ship display of Knights plus Swifts are at MAKS - they cancelled last year at the Aerobatics Festival and Flying Legends - at least on the public days I was there !!!

I have seen photos of the rehearsals - but I have yet to see them 'in the flesh'!

Here's hoping..........

Ken

Ken, I think they are going to seed the clouds for MAKS. They cant afford to cancell the flights. Too many lucrative deals depend on rich foreigners going "oooooh" and "aaaaah". Also, I've "overread" ( as opposed to "overheard") Russian Knights pilot giving quite the negative feedback on Su-35 avionics and equipment. Now, thats a 3rd party report, so no authenticity implied whatsoever... but nonetheless.

Judging by frequency of Knights/Swifts performace, they wont need much practice to perform admirably during MAKS. By the way, Ken did you notice they finaly fixed then chipped paint on the radomes of few Knights' Flankers?

joachim, I suspect that political tensions between Russia and Ukraine is one of the factors leading to absence of Ukranian birds in Russian airshows. Old issues are not being solved, plus new ones pop out once in a while... I think we are more likely to see Blue Angels on MAKS.

Regards

Z.S.

Kubinka AFB celebrated 85th birhtday of legendary WWII Soviet ace Ivan Nikitich Kozhedub.

kozhedub_secondwar.voenkomat.ru.jpg

All images are copyrighted to the original authors. All credit goes to foxbat.ru

Enjoy!

Z.S.

Ivan Kozhedub's famous La-7 'White 27'...........

day02_33.jpg

Ken