Hasegawa Vought F4U-1D Corsair

Hi all

After finishing my first PACAIR Group Build entry, I decided to have a little break from more serious projects and build this little gem.

Built up very well, with only minor filler needed in places. I used a spraycan of Tamiya AS series Dark Sea Blue and Aeromaster Orange Yellow for the cowling colour.

Decals went on well and settled nicely with Mr Softener (recommended for Hasegawa decals). Once the wash was applied everything was sealed in with the usual Pollyscale Flat clear.

However, when I unmasked the canopy, some dust had settled on the black coaming inside the canopy which is obviously impossible to remove without ripping the canopy off :wave:

Still, I have a beaut time building this little Bent Winged Egg and am now keen to get hold of the F-14/F-18/F-16 and WW2 eggplanes to add to my meager stash of them. The collectors prices are scaring me though!

Still here it is, enjoy!

corsair-02.jpg

corsair-03.jpg

corsair-04.jpg

corsair-05.jpg

:cheers:

MikeJ

Edited by madmike

Yah, I don't think thay got the shape of the cowling right ;)

Otherwise, nice job. My references show that those squadron marking are incorrect for that period of the squadrons deployment, judging by the ordnance hung under the wings. Also, by that time, the newer canopy would have been installed in the field, unless of course you are trying to depict a depot-level refit bird, in which case, the paint would be a darker shade and also...slightly glossy. Somewhere between an aggshell and a satin. Maybe...like...ostrich egg. If you need the chip I can gladly provide one, now that you are done.

Pete

(I love these egg-planes. I just did a series of sketches for some others. Nice work!)