Tamiya's new 48th Ramjager

Well all can say is its about time that someone did a Ramjager in 48th!!

Withthe Trimaster one long gone and Dragon showing no sign of re-releasing it i am pretty happy that Tamiya have seen the light and are doing at least my favorite variant of the 190A8.

With the addon plates,armored glass and options for the wing armament it sounds like we are going to get one ripper new kit!!

Tamiya Ramjager

Yes!!

Darren

..Interesting release for Big T for sure. I'm not getting the R-2 and the Sturmbock (Rammjager) reference however. I as far as I knew, the Rustsatz field mod R-2 (bomber-destroyer) was the upgrade to the MK 108 30mm outboards, with the per usual MG 151's remaining inboard, and retaining the twin MG 17's in the upper cowl. The Sturmbock (assault fighter) Rustsatz that included the armoured canopy and extra armour was R-8....especially if the outboard 30's were carried. So, if the new kit by Tamiya contains the parts to build a armoured cockpit upgunned Sturmbock only, the kit could be called a Focke Wulf 190 A8 R-8. All Sturmbock (Rammjager) aircraft were R-8's. However, if one left off the cockpit and canopy armour....it would be an A8 R-2. My guess is that Tamiya will give us both in the box. It will be interesting to see what the new parts consist of, I'm guessing wings, fuselage, and cowl for sure. They could reuse the cockpit, canopy, and wheel well insert from the existing A3 F8 tooling. I'm hoping they retool the wheels to the correct size, but if not, no biggie. I think this kit will sell very well, and am glad that Tamiya is doing it. It shows that they are still interested in new tool WW2 aircraft, and without a huge outlay of R&D revenue, have come up with something cool. Hopefully the success of this kit will allow and induce them to persue other new projects........! :o :cheers:

Edited by Carbine

It is on Tamiya's site under "coming soon".

The Sturmbock had additional armor on the fuselage sides. This would require a different fuselage molding than the standard A-8 unless they just gave us a THIN piece of styrene for the external armor.

It is on Tamiya's site under "coming soon".

The Sturmbock had additional armor on the fuselage sides. This would require a different fuselage molding than the standard A-8 unless they just gave us a THIN piece of styrene for the external armor.

They appear to be planning the armour with the thick-ink stickers like used on the F-16 scab plates. Should work fine.