Need help fellow ARCer's

Fellow ARCer's, I am interested in building this Monogram F-5E which is coming in the mail, as a "Sniper" of the MCAS Yuma based unit. I'm not sure if this unit is available, but I did see that it was depicted on one IPMS sheet at some time, can't remember the year :cheers: Anywho, if you guys could help me, I think this would be a "hot" addition to my aggressor fleet :rolleyes: Any thoughts guys, I don't/am not particular to any bureau number, just one of their birds. :thumbsup:

The Italeri 1/48 F-5E comes with less then wonderful Marine aggressor markings.

Im just going to use Two Bobs F-5 sheet and spare decals for the unit markings.

Well, one day.....lots in the build pile before them. :rolleyes:

thanxs Phantom, I too wanted to do the Twobobs sheet, but as a result of not being able to get my hands on one-oop now :rolleyes: I just decided to do another 'flavor'-the Snipers :D I though it would be cool to have one of this guys in my mix of aggressors, you know a representative of each our branches of service flying aggressors-the USAF(64th AGS), NAVY(VFC-12), and Marines(VMFT-401) :cheers: ! For some reason, that image looks damn good on my display table, so I guess I keep hunting :thumbsup:

gotcha Mungo1974, good looking out ;) I guess I will have to contact Jeff and ask him if he'd be willing to sell me that sheet with only the F-5 markings, as I really don't have any use for the corvette-don't do cars obviously-that way I don't have to spend $10 bucks on a sheet for use on one subject-with that in mind, I may need to start searching for the twobobs VFC-13 sheet ;)

Edited by B-ONE27

well i have both sheets.

i don't want to trade them away as i still want to build atleast one off each sheet..

BUT..if you want one that badly i'll give you whatever single subject you want off either sheet if you make a decision on which jet you want to build.

cheers,

Gary

Edited by mungo1974

Gary, I appreciate that BIG TIME man ;) That's the reason this site is so damn hot! Hey man, it's no rush, whenever you got the chance, or could use a little bit of cash, let me know, I'd be glad to have one of let's say, the 'desert cats.' Again, whatever leftovers you would have, that would suffice for me ;)

well like i said i'll build them oneday,not anytime soon though...so if you want to start your F-5E project soon just pick a jet off the Desert Cats..let me know via PM along with your address then i'll cut out the markings/scan the instructions etc and get them in the post to you.

cheers,

Gary

Hi,

Check ebay for the IPMS 2004 sheet with the Snipers markings. They show up regularly. In the mean time, here's what the finished product looks like: Monogram kit completely rescribed + Black Box cockpit set. It took 1st place for moderate detail small jet, and Best USMC subject special award at the Northern Utah Scale Modelers annual show just this past weekend ;)

I can't remember all the three schemes on the 'desert cat sheet,' but if you choose the schemes you want and give me a decision on which one you want to part with, let me know, and I am going to PM you my contact info(fdu98@aol.com). Thanks again Gary

Regards,

Ted

thanx f5guy, and Gary. I'll check the site periodically-even though I am not too fond on bidding, but if you want something bad enough, I guess you'll do what it takes right :( Gary, I'll let you know by weeks end if I find the Snipers on ebay or anywhere else, that way you don't butcher your sheet until you have recieved word, thanx again man. :cheers:

Hi,

Check ebay for the IPMS 2004 sheet with the Snipers markings. They show up regularly. In the mean time, here's what the finished product looks like: Monogram kit completely rescribed + Black Box cockpit set. It took 1st place for moderate detail small jet, and Best USMC subject special award at the Northern Utah Scale Modelers annual show just this past weekend :cheers:

Fred,

Is this it here from the Shocon 2005 site? If so, very sweet!

Cheers

Ken