1/24 Airfix Spitfire - Finished

I have just added a clear satin coat to the model in order to dull it down a bit. I detest spraying clears as, for me, they tend to filament and blow arounfd the workroom like spider webs. Totally destroys the finish of a kit. I brush painted the clear. The glossy finish was a result of applying a coat of an Australian equivalent of Future. I forgot to recoat in matt.

Will post additional pics once the satin finish has set. :D

To apply the future I use an open weave cloth like a chux cloth or a lint free piece of cotton, such as a piece of t-shirt. I have not yet tried to airbrush it on as I am unsure exactly how to clean it from the airbrush

I hand brushed the satin coat for a couple of reasons. The main reason is that I have problems with airbrushing clear coats. When I try to apply clear with an airbrush it strings from the airbrush. Ends up looking like spider webs all over the model and the work room. I am not yet sure why this happens but I think the current high humidity due to recent rains is a part of it. I have tried clear at many different pressures and with different thinners and consistencies but it always results in the spider webbing effect. I used a medium sized brush for the application