Polishing future

Guest BZZBZZ

Guys, can future be polished using toothpaste or compound ? I handbrushed my canopy using future but when it dried, it still have some runny mark of the future or is there any other way to remove this mark ?

Thanks

I'd Strip all the future OFF with Windex or somethin.... but then again, I'm having a hard time of my own, so I'd go with the easy solution :thumbsup:

hehe

that's one, I'm not that experienced to telly a another one, I just can't think of anything

Take Care!!!

You probably could polish it, however, as Mario said, it would probably be wisest to remove the future and try again. Next time, however, don't brush the future on, but rather pour a little into a small container, and using a tweezers, dip the canopy in the future and set it on a paper towel to dry. (you might want to cover the canopy with a butter tub or something while it is drying. I think there is an article that explains it here on the ARC, if not, check out Swanny's "The complete future".

HTH,

Mike

BZZBZZ,

A note of caution. Keep an eye on the canopy and the paper towel you place it on.Change it around often,or the canopy will bond to the paper and you`ll have a problem.

Paul T

Thanks Paul, the problem is I already installed the canopy to my model (B-2 Testors), and to airbrush the future I still cannot get it right, the future is to thin to my liking, and it has a tendency to run down :cheers:, well maybe I spay it using my trusty clear coat (Tamiya TS 13), prior the decaling process, what do you think ?

You shouldn't have a problem with it running. I wouldn't thin it because it usually doesn't have to be, and if it still runs and drips, just spray it on in thinner coats. It dries to the touch pretty quickly. If you're trying to airbrush the future over the canopy, don't. You can get much better results by painting future on the canopy with a regular old brush. HTH!

I need help too.......... i painted my conopy...........(future already applied) and now theres little paint marks everwhere. I can see them clearly (1/32 helicopter) and i need to get rid of them, i cant use thinner ( as i know from expierience) any help i would like alot!

Noni, you've got the same problem like me :lol: , word of caution, don't try to polish the future coat using toothpaste like I did :lol: , it'll ruin your coat, better to strip down the coat and start over.

Turtle Wax White Polishing Compound should work for polishing future. It does not have any chemicals that will strip arcylics or enamels. It's just a mild, inert polishing compound. It comes in a white, round container with a green label.