1/48 Hase. Hurricane Progress

Hi Jamie

For my money I think you've captured the 'sit' of the Hurricane just right. I built that Hasegawa kit some years back as a comission and somehow it seemed to ride just too high on its' gear. Yours looks 'lower' somehow.

IJ.

Hi Jamie

For my money I think you've captured the 'sit' of the Hurricane just right. I built that Hasegawa kit some years back as a comission and somehow it seemed to ride just too high on its' gear. Yours looks 'lower' somehow.

IJ.

IJ:

Just lucky, I guess. :cheers: The gear did seem a bit "fiddly" to me, and I did make several attempts of dryfitting to get them sitting right for my taste. Thanks for the compliment! :P

:worship:

J.C.

Hey thanks guys, for all the nice words! :thumbsup: You made my morning. Grasshopper, I guess I just got lucky with those decals. With Hobbycraft, you never know what you are going to get. Also, I cannot take credit for the brakelines idea. I actually copied the technique from someone else on ARC (Sorry, I forget who at this point) and from some reference pics. But go for it, it is not that much work! :thumbsup:

Héctor; the smoke is not painted. It is actually a mixture of graphite powder from a pencil, and chalk pastels smeared on with a Q-tip and a wet finger! :thumbsup: Then I sealed it with a flat coat. I am hoping I can get to the canopy today, if I can get my day's paperwork done quickly enough.

Cheers, guys!

J.C.