I'm building the second prototype A4D-2 Skyhawk, BU 142083, complete with the special probe nose used in flight testing, using the Hasegawa A-4B kit. This is for a customer of mine, who has provided extensive research material, thankfully. I made the nose cone from the front end of an F-15 drop tank, Milliput, a needle and LOTS of sanding. The seat has also been modified to reflect an earlier (type unknown) model, pre-ESCAPAC. Some other airframe mods as well, including the removal of the in-flight refueling probe, and the vent on top of the fusleage. I regret my laziness in not taking some photos earlier in the contruction process.

Piant is varying shades of Alclad and the DayGlo is a home brew from Model Masters colors. I did the DayGlo stripes on the speed brakes and gear doors by spraying some white decal paper, and cutting out the stripes. I'm working on the canopy now, which has some padding around the edges, which I'll be doing with Milliput.

Pictures could be better, but I was really unhappy with the ones taken with the flash, and these are "desk light only". I'll do a better lighting setup when I shoot the finished model. Whenever that is...

a4102.jpg

a4101.jpg

a4100.jpg

WOW! :thumbsup: The only thing I love more than bare metal aircraft, is a bare metal aircraft with dayglo! :rolleyes: Just amazing Volzj!!! You are going to have one very happy customer!

James.

Edited by James
  • 3 weeks later...